Fwd:[EK-announce] News Regarding Estrella War XXVIII

  • Seamus MacBain
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2011
      New site for Estrella - details below.

      --
      Seamus

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Mineko Murai <mineko.murai@...>
      Date: Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:00 PM
      Subject: [EK] [EK-announce] News Regarding Estrella War XXVIII
      To: sca-east-announce@...

      ESTRELLA WAR XXVIII MOVES TO NEW SITE AND NEW DATE!!

      The Kingdom of Atenveldt is pleased to announce that next year's Estrella
      War will be held at a new site (Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek, AZ), and will
      be scheduled later in the year than prior wars (March 27-April 2, 2012). The
      decision to move the site was driven by the ending of the multi-year
      contract at the old site, and better options for contiguous camping to bring
      all the kingdoms together.

       The new late March, early April dates provide historically better Arizona
      weather for campers (warmer average temperatures and lower average
      precipitation).  Estrella War was held at Schnepf Farms (
      http://www.schnepffarms.com/) before (from 1999 until 2002). However, the
      areas designated for the event in 2012 are completely different, and include
      a wooded area for combat, one contiguous camping area where attendees from
      all Kingdoms may camp (i.e., camping is not split by battlefields), and a
      number of amenities that were not available in 2002.

      "The area used for Estrella 10 years ago was sold and is no longer part of
      the site. But we are really happy that new parts of the Farm have been
      developed for event rental. So, we are able to have all the activities we
      usually host, like merchants, archery, and equestrian. And we add some
      things we really wanted, like a camping area lined by trees for wind breaks,
      a camping area without berms, the option to do personal showers in the
      camping area because there are no grey water restrictions, and more.", says
      Lady Rowan, one of the Main Event Coordinators.

      ABOUT THE SITE: Schnepf Farms provides quality family entertainment in a
      safe farm setting, and runs regular programs to educate and inform the
      public on Arizona agriculture. They are the largest organic Peach grower in
      Arizona, and operate an onsite 7 acre pesticide free garden, and a Country
      Store. In October 2006, Schnepf Farms was designated as an "Arizona
      Treasure" by Governor Janet Napolitano and Arizona Office of Tourism. For
      more details, see http://www.schnepffarms.com/.

      EVENT INFORMATION: Schnepf Farms is close to lots of modern world amenities
      (hotels, major stores, a local airport less than 15 minutes from site,
      etc.), and offers a number of onsite facilities as well. For more
      information, including a SITE MAP, see www.estrellawar.org, or contact the
      Main Event Coordinators: Mistress Katrina von Rosenberg, OP and Lady Rowan
      Bridget Blackmoor at mains2012@...

      Yours in service,

      Mineko of Twin Moons

      Estrella War Promotions