Pennsic Reminders! Update Memberships, Authorizations and Warrants!

  • Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 9:03 AM
      Greetings unto the Good Populace of the Midlands from Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh,
      Midlands Seneschal.  Please pass this on to your group if you do not see it on
      your yahoo list.

      As many of us dream of Pennsic's delightful bone-thawing warmth, I would be
      remiss if I did not remind one and all of a couple things.

      This is Pennsic's 40th Birthday. Pre-register!
      http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/

      It is also the Middle Kingdom's host year.  Volunteerism is at the heart of the
      SCA, allowing us all to have a great deal of fun in this hobbystyle*.  I urge
      you, those of you who enjoy the annual trek to Cooper's Lake, to heed the call.
      I challenge you to donate at least 4 hours of your time to making this a great,
      fun event for everyone.  Volunteer somewhere that interests you.  Do something
      you enjoy.  Take the opportunity to meet people from other kingdoms.  Share your
      joie de vivre with them.   Learn, play, and grow in your knowledge and skills.
      The adventure is in getting out and doing something new!

      So, here it is... Volunteer.  Engage.  Do something you like.  Be a part of it
      all.  Challenge others in your group to volunteer.  Volunteer together as a
      household, a shire, canton or barony.  As opportunities open for volunteers, I
      will post them.

      Get your membership paid up.  It's going to save you money and let you do things
      you want to do.
      Finish writing your classes and pre-reg to teach.  Pre-register for the A&S
      display.

      Get any authorizations you are wanting.
      Finish your marshal paperwork and get your warrants.  That goes for thrown
      weapons, archery, armored, rapier, and youth marshals.
      If you need to get or renew a background check to work with kids, get that in
      progress.
      See to your gear and clothing.
      Buy more sunscreen.
      Have Fun.

      In Your Service,
      Caitriona

      *that's Hobby+Lifestyle... because many of us spend way more time on this than
      is indicated by the word "game" ;-)