Re: Reminder - Demo this Saturday in Elgin
- Dear Lady Jadwiga -- would you please contact me off-list regarding whether a presentation I could make would be appropriate for the demo?
Thanks, Gillian Durham
- i may be able to attend for rapier - but i am not sure yet - ( work wont let me know till 3 pm fri) if you can send me some info and location i can try to make it out!
--- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:
> Hello all,
> Just a reminder to those that are thinking of attending (hint - let me
> know!) a Demo this Saturday at the Gail Borden library in Elgin. Set
> up starts around 10:30 with the official library program to open at
> Court & Country is on the schedule, starting at 12:30 with the
> library's faux court at 1:00 pm. The library staff is anticipating
> their production will take about an hour or so (introducing the summer
> reading program and the Farmer's Market), leaving us free reign from
> about 2 pm until the time the library closes at 5:30.
> There will be ten tables set up (each about six foot) for those that
> are coming with any A&S projects to display/demonstrate/explain for
> the crowds, the library asks that cloths long enough to hide the legs
> be used. Any banners and displays of heraldry are strongly encourage
> and much appreciated.
> Fencers are on the schedule as being part of the actual court
> proceedings, but I have not yet heard if there will be any fencers
> There is space on the front lawn of the library for the purposes of
> heavy fighting. At this time I believe we have two heavy fighters
> attending. We really need fighters as this is a big visual draw. We
> have a marshal who has already volunteered for heavy.
> The library bathrooms are roomy enough to change in.
> Please forward as necessary.
> Jadwiga Vladescu
Hi Everybody,Can someone post an address and maybe directions to the Gail Borden library in Elgin?I might be able to make it out for the afternoon.Thanks!Arrienne
- From I-90, exit to Hwy 31 South. After the Wing Ave intersection, look over the river to your left. The really cool building on the other side of the Lawrence/Kimball bridge is the library. Turn left onto Kimball (it becomes Lawrence if you turn right) and left again onto Grove (first light). The library is right there on the corner to your left. Lots of parking.Address is 270 N. Grove, Elgin, IL 60120
- Would anyone like someone to share gas costs?
I can ride with you or provide a ride to someone who can help with gas money.
I live in Lombard, or could meet you midway -- pls contact me off-list for details.
- Thank you, Mihri!Tabitha-----Original Message-----From I-90, exit to Hwy 31 South. After the Wing Ave intersection, look over the river to your left. The really cool building on the other side of the Lawrence/Kimball bridge is the library. Turn left onto Kimball (it becomes Lawrence if you turn right) and left again onto Grove (first light). The library is right there on the corner to your left. Lots of parking.
From: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Ayreton@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Christina King
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Re: Reminder - Demo this Saturday in ElginAddress is 270 N. Grove, Elgin, IL 60120
- Hi. My helm bargrill broke a weld; I'm looking for someone in the area
who has a welding set up that could help me out. I'd be glad to pay an
armorer to fix it, or if you have the equipment and could help me get it
fixed, let me know.
- Hi all
Sorry for the Short notice but Practice tonight at the Church is cancelled.
Heal and rest up for this Saturday. Armoured EasterEgg Hunt in Bloomington.
Please Cross Post