OT: Announcement

  • Wolfram von Waldersbach
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20 8:47 AM
      My apologies for the cross-posting...

      It is with both joy and sadness that I make the following announcement.

      Recently, I applied to the Max Planck Institute at the Munich Intellectual Property Law Center. This morning, I received word that I have been accepted into their Intellectual Property LL.M. Program.

      So, this means that I will be leaving Chicago and moving to Munich, Germany. And considering that many of the top German companies and law firms recruit directly from this program, I do not expect to return. Actually, the prospect of being recruited by a German company is a major reason why I chose to attend this program in the first place.

      I am not sure when I will be leaving, but September looks like the likeliest time. Classes start in October, and I would rather not worry about settling into a new city and surroundings while also taking classes again.

      I apologize if this seems almost like I am rambling. I just have a million things running through my head at once, and I am trying to sort out what I need to do between now and when I leave.

      I would like to take this time to thank my SCA family for the past 5 years. I really enjoyed my time back in the SCA and you all will be missed.

      Danke.

      -Wolfram
    • Sarafina Sinclair
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20 9:09 AM
        Congratluations, Wolfram! I am happy for you, but sad for us.

        Sarafina :D

        --
        Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL
      • Roana
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21 9:24 AM
          Congratulations, Wolfram. Our loss is most definitely Germany's gain. :)

          Roana

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Wolfram von Waldersbach <Wolfram_von_Waldersbach@...> wrote:

          > My apologies for the cross-posting...
          >
          > It is with both joy and sadness that I make the following announcement.
          >
          > Recently, I applied to the Max Planck Institute at the Munich Intellectual Property Law Center. This morning, I received word that I have been accepted into their Intellectual Property LL.M. Program.
          >
          > So, this means that I will be leaving Chicago and moving to Munich, Germany. And considering that many of the top German companies and law firms recruit directly from this program, I do not expect to return. Actually, the prospect of being recruited by a German company is a major reason why I chose to attend this program in the first place.
          >
          > I am not sure when I will be leaving, but September looks like the likeliest time. Classes start in October, and I would rather not worry about settling into a new city and surroundings while also taking classes again.
          >
          > I apologize if this seems almost like I am rambling. I just have a million things running through my head at once, and I am trying to sort out what I need to do between now and when I leave.
          >
          > I would like to take this time to thank my SCA family for the past 5 years. I really enjoyed my time back in the SCA and you all will be missed.
          >
          > Danke.
          >

          > -Wolfram

        • michael A
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23 9:54 PM
            Wow!  Wolfram what an awesome opportunity. I hate  to see you go, but totally, totally understand... and i must say im terribly jelous too.  Munich is a fun city.. youll have a blast.. tip up a mass  or two in the english garten for me when you get there!!
            Keep in touch!
            ----kiyohara

          • asackville@juno.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 23 9:58 PM
              Wolfram,

              Congrats! That is awesome. While we lose you here, you get an amazing, life-changing and broadening experience. All my best.

              Fionnuala
              who never posts much anymore

              Groupon™ Official Site
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4db3ae33ae43386f3est06duc