Antique Zither.

  • David Valenta
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2011
      Hello all,

      One of my wife's piano students, a 77 year old woman, brought a zither to our house. It belonged to this woman's father and was made in Germany. It is not in the best of shape. The sound box frame is separating. She was going to throw it out. The gummed label inside the instrument has the name Felix Albrecht. It looks like it has a leather top. Not inlaid wood as some zithers have.

      Is this of interest to anyone?

      Guy

    • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2011
        Robyyan's Home for Wayward Instruments always has room for another inhabitant...

        :-)

        http://robyyan.googlepages.com

        One of my wife's piano students, a 77 year old woman, brought a zither to our house. It belonged to this woman's father and was made in Germany. It is not in the best of shape. The sound box frame is separating. She was going to throw it out. The gummed label inside the instrument has the name Felix Albrecht. It looks like it has a leather top. Not inlaid wood as some zithers have.

        Is this of interest to anyone?

        Guy

      • Verena Entenwirt
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20, 2011
          I would also love this, if Robyyan does not have room. I have wanted a zither forever,

          -Verena

          --
          Lady Verena Entenwirth
          Midlands Regional A&S Champion

        • kevin purtrell
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20, 2011
            Is the theme from "The Third Man" period?

            Kevin A.