Reminder - Demo this Saturday in Elgin

  • Carrot Khan
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 19, 2011
      Hello all,

      Just a reminder to those that are thinking of attending (hint - let me
      know!) a Demo this Saturday at the Gail Borden library in Elgin. Set
      up starts around 10:30 with the official library program to open at
      12:30

      Court & Country is on the schedule, starting at 12:30 with the
      library's faux court at 1:00 pm. The library staff is anticipating
      their production will take about an hour or so (introducing the summer
      reading program and the Farmer's Market), leaving us free reign from
      about 2 pm until the time the library closes at 5:30.

      There will be ten tables set up (each about six foot) for those that
      are coming with any A&S projects to display/demonstrate/explain for
      the crowds, the library asks that cloths long enough to hide the legs
      be used. Any banners and displays of heraldry are strongly encourage
      and much appreciated.

      Fencers are on the schedule as being part of the actual court
      proceedings, but I have not yet heard if there will be any fencers
      attending.

      There is space on the front lawn of the library for the purposes of
      heavy fighting. At this time I believe we have two heavy fighters
      attending. We really need fighters as this is a big visual draw. We
      have a marshal who has already volunteered for heavy.

      The library bathrooms are roomy enough to change in.

      Please forward as necessary.

      yours,
      Jadwiga Vladescu
    • Scribesquire@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 19, 2011

        If you are a fighter and are available on Saturday our neighbors to the West could really use your help.

        Henry

        Baron Ayreton

[...]

      • Gearalt O'Tuathail
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 19, 2011
          You can add me to the list of heavy fighters.

          --
          Gearalt O'Tuathail
          mka Jason Tooley
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 20, 2011
            Dear Lady Jadwiga -- would you please contact me off-list regarding whether a presentation I could make would be appropriate for the demo?

            Thanks, Gillian Durham
          • lucius_leviticus
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 21, 2011
              i may be able to attend for rapier - but i am not sure yet - ( work wont let me know till 3 pm fri) if you can send me some info and location i can try to make it out!

              lucius
              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

              > Hello all,
              >
              > Just a reminder to those that are thinking of attending (hint - let me
              > know!) a Demo this Saturday at the Gail Borden library in Elgin. Set
              > up starts around 10:30 with the official library program to open at
              > 12:30
              >
              > Court & Country is on the schedule, starting at 12:30 with the
              > library's faux court at 1:00 pm. The library staff is anticipating
              > their production will take about an hour or so (introducing the summer
              > reading program and the Farmer's Market), leaving us free reign from
              > about 2 pm until the time the library closes at 5:30.
              >
              > There will be ten tables set up (each about six foot) for those that
              > are coming with any A&S projects to display/demonstrate/explain for
              > the crowds, the library asks that cloths long enough to hide the legs
              > be used. Any banners and displays of heraldry are strongly encourage
              > and much appreciated.
              >
              > Fencers are on the schedule as being part of the actual court
              > proceedings, but I have not yet heard if there will be any fencers
              > attending.
              >
              > There is space on the front lawn of the library for the purposes of
              > heavy fighting. At this time I believe we have two heavy fighters
              > attending. We really need fighters as this is a big visual draw. We
              > have a marshal who has already volunteered for heavy.
              >
              > The library bathrooms are roomy enough to change in.
              >
              > Please forward as necessary.
              >
              > yours,
              > Jadwiga Vladescu

            • Marie Schorn
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 22, 2011

                Hi Everybody,

                Can someone post an address and maybe directions to the Gail Borden library in Elgin?
                I might be able to make it out for the afternoon.

                Thanks!
                Arrienne
              • Christina King
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 22, 2011
                  From I-90, exit to Hwy 31 South.  After the Wing Ave intersection, look over the river to your left.  The really cool building on the other side of the Lawrence/Kimball bridge is the library.  Turn left onto Kimball (it becomes Lawrence if you turn right) and left again onto Grove (first light).  The library is right there on the corner to your left.  Lots of parking.

                  Address is 270 N. Grove, Elgin, IL  60120

                  Mihri

                  On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Marie Schorn <ladyarrienne@...> wrote:

                  Hi Everybody,

                  Can someone post an address and maybe directions to the Gail Borden library in Elgin?
                  I might be able to make it out for the afternoon.

                  Thanks!
                  Arrienne

                  --
                  Christina King
                  http://www.elginbellydance.com

                • Gillian
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 22, 2011
                    Would anyone like someone to share gas costs?

                    I can ride with you or provide a ride to someone who can help with gas money.

                    I live in Lombard, or could meet you midway -- pls contact me off-list for details.

                    Thanks, Gillian
                  • Kyla
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 22, 2011
                      Thank you, Mihri!

                      Tabitha

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 26, 2011
                        Hi. My helm bargrill broke a weld; I'm looking for someone in the area
                        who has a welding set up that could help me out. I'd be glad to pay an
                        armorer to fix it, or if you have the equipment and could help me get it
                        fixed, let me know.

                        thanks,
                        Thomas Penyngton
                      • g. Willie Arnold
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 27, 2011
                          Hi all

                          Sorry for the Short notice but Practice tonight at the Church is cancelled.

                          Heal and rest up for this Saturday. Armoured EasterEgg Hunt in Bloomington.

                          Please Cross Post

                          Thank You
                          Kith