Demo at Duckon (June 18)

  • James McAdams
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 14, 2011
      I've been asked to see if there's interested in Ayreton holding a
      demo at the Duckon science fiction convention in June. The site is the
      Woodfield Hyatt hotel in Schaumburg. The exact schedule is (to the best
      of my knowledge), still somewhat fluid, but ideally they're looking for
      about 2 hours on Saturday afternoon.

      They're asking for both fighting demonstrations and A&S displays.

      The space available is an enclosed courtyard - An area about 40x60
      (my guess) with two large garden beds in it - leaving a 10x20 strip in
      the center, and a walkway around the edges.

      Who is available / interested in attending such a demo?

      Xavier
    • Christina King
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15, 2011
        Do they know which Saturday in June this will be, or is that the "fluid" part?  :-)  I'm interested if I'm available.

        Mihri

        --
        Christina King
        http://www.elginbellydance.com

      • Wolfram von Waldersbach
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 15, 2011
          I would assume it's the "June 18" that's in the subject line...

          In Service,

          "Voca me cum benedictis"
          Archery Marshal of the Barony of Ayreton and of the Canton of the Grey Gargoyles
          Knight's Marshal of the Canton of the Grey Gargoyles
          2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion
          Archery Champion to Ullr II and AnneLyse II

          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 15, 2011
              I am planning on being there.  I can be a fighter, craftsman or color.

              --
              Lord Johannes Machiavelli
              Canton of Rokkehealden

              On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

              I've been asked to see if there's interested in Ayreton holding a
              demo at the Duckon science fiction convention in June. The site is the
              Woodfield Hyatt hotel in Schaumburg. The exact schedule is (to the best
              of my knowledge), still somewhat fluid, but ideally they're looking for
              about 2 hours on Saturday afternoon.

              They're asking for both fighting demonstrations and A&S displays.

              The space available is an enclosed courtyard - An area about 40x60
              (my guess) with two large garden beds in it - leaving a 10x20 strip in
              the center, and a walkway around the edges.

              Who is available / interested in attending such a demo?

              Xavier

            • Sally Jones
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 28, 2011
                Hi Jim,
                Stan and I will be at DucKon and would be happy to help out with your demo.

                Lady Gren (Sally Jones)