Birthday Celebration of Court & Country

  • Margrett Norwoode
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 11:15 PM

      Court & Country's Second Anniversary

      Court & Country has just celebrated its second birthday as a performing entity on April 4 and we would like to share our joy and thank you all for your support!

      This medieval & renaissance vocal ensemble was first conceived at a Fiber Arts Night gathering in the northwest suburbs. Sharon, Tabitha & Marie first performed together at Stone Dog Inn on April 4, 2009, and called themselves Court & Country. After Stone Dog Inn, Kerri-Ellen joined and we started having formal group rehearsals at Sharon's house on April 8, 2009. Margarita first performed with us in November 2009 and Keith in August 2010.

      Over the last two years, we have regretfully parted ways with some of our members. However, we have also happily added new friends to our ensemble and have invited others, whom we hope will join us in our performances very soon. We welcome more voices and encourage you to contact us at CourtAndCountry@... if you wish to explore medieval and renaissance music with us.

      In the year since our first anniversary, we have done public performances as Court & Country at:

      Rites of Spring

      Three Saints & a Honeybee

      Janesville Renaissance Faire

      Border Skirmish

      Glenwood Sunday Market

      Bristol Renaissance Faire (as guest performers)

      Pennsic War

      Foxhunt/Rose Tourney/Baronial Investiture

      Stronghold Olde English Faire

      Stone Dog Inn

      Bardic Madness

      Royal University of the Midrealm (fall session)

      Boar's Head

      Twelfth Night

      Principality Ball II

      Capricon open filk session

      Military History Fest: Reenacting & Trade Faire (f/k/a Reenactorfest)

      Ravenslake Arts & Sciences Day

      Royal University of the Midrealm (spring session)

      We have also competed in the Constellation region Arts & Sciences Competition with our 13th century French song Dieus Soit en Cheste Maison and were awarded a first place for our performance and documentation.

      Our next appearances will be an educational demonstration at the Gail Borden Public Library on April 23 and at the Janesville Renaissance Faire on May 14 & 15.

      http://www.jvlfaire.com/Performers.html