Another March Event Question

  • sibeal63
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
      Greetings!

      In December a list of help needed positions was put out. Could you
      please update us on what's still needed?

      Tedesco, I sent you a letter last week, it may not have gone through
      because that's when the Yahoo Groups went spastic. ould you be so kind
      as to e-mail me off list?

      Thanks,
      In Service,
      Sibeal
    • Tedesco da Venezia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
        Lochlainn MacGregor's in charge of the A&S Faire side of the event, so he'll have to tell you if there are any positions open there...  The coordinator/head positions that still need to be filled are:

        Heavy Combat MIC
        Thrown Weapons MIC
        Hospitality table for the fighters.  (Water, pickles, oranges, jerkey, crackers, etc)
        During and after-feast entertainment

        Other than those coordinator positions, we're going to need a volunteers for the activities...  Mostly volunteers will be wrangled by the individual coordinators, but if you want to volunteer for a specific job we can put you in contact with the coordinator:

        Marshals for all fighting
        Waterbearers
        Heralds to go around shouting announcements
        Troll attendants
        Setup (friday evening)
        Clean up (saturday night)
        and we have no word whether Their Majesties are coming, but there's a good chance, and we'll need door guards, court heralds, runners and people to make sure They are comfy.

        Here's the current roster of people in charge of the various activities:

        Class Coordinator: Metylda of Ravenslake <metylda@...>
        Troll Coordinator: Phebe Bonadeci (PC Reaney) <reaneypj@...>
        Merchant Coordinator:  Nadezda <nadezda_z@...>
        Youth Activities: Evzenie (Peg Cook) <davidpeg@...> and/or Meurig ap Cynfarch < nicothoe@...>
        Martial Activity Coordinator: Dietrich von Hamburg (David Cook) <davidpeg@...>
        Rapier MIC: Anton du Marais < rapier-anton@...>
        Archery MIC: Shari (Ravenslake, sorry no contact info) and/or Michael Tyderek <scadougal@...>
        Youth MIC: Acelina, Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@...>
        Head Chef: Ghita <suzanearley@...>
        Head Server: Fiona ni Chiardubhain, Joanne Labny <jobear_4@...>, with a few volunteers from Foxvale as servers

        ~Tedesco da Venezia~

        On 1/29/07, sibeal63 <sibeal63@...> wrote:
        Greetings!

        In December a list of help needed positions was put out. Could you
        please update us on what's still needed?

        Tedesco, I sent you a letter last week, it may not have gone through
        because that's when the Yahoo Groups went spastic. ould you be so kind
        as to e-mail me off list?

        Thanks,
        In Service,
        Sibeal

        ~~~~~

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Dougal MacAlister
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
          Tedesco and good Gentles all,

          I am in a position to assist the Archery MIC, I don't have any of the gear to actually hold a shoot.  ie Targets, Butts, Backstop Nettings, loaner gear.  I've only recently begun marshalling full-time and I'm still building up my resources.

[...]

          Class Coordinator: Metylda of Ravenslake <metylda@gmail. com>
          Troll Coordinator: Phebe Bonadeci (PC Reaney) <reaneypj@yahoo. com>
          Merchant Coordinator:  Nadezda <nadezda_z@earthlink .net>
          Youth Activities: Evzenie (Peg Cook) <davidpeg@ix. netcom.com> and/or Meurig ap Cynfarch < nicothoe@yahoo. com>
          Martial Activity Coordinator: Dietrich von Hamburg (David Cook) <davidpeg@ix. netcom.com>
          Rapier MIC: Anton du Marais < rapier-anton@ hotmail.com>
          Archery MIC: Shari (Ravenslake, sorry no contact info) and/or Michael Tyderek <scadougal@yahoo. com>
          Youth MIC: Acelina, Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@ yahoo.com>
          Head Chef: Ghita <suzanearley@ comcast.net>
          Head Server: Fiona ni Chiardubhain, Joanne Labny <jobear_4@yahoo. com>, with a few volunteers from Foxvale as servers

          ~Tedesco da Venezia~

          On 1/29/07, sibeal63 <sibeal63@yahoo. com> wrote:
          Greetings!

          In December a list of help needed positions was put out. Could you
          please update us on what's still needed?

          Tedesco, I sent you a letter last week, it may not have gone through
          because that's when the Yahoo Groups went spastic. ould you be so kind
          as to e-mail me off list?

          Thanks,
          In Service,
          Sibeal

          ~~~~~

          To view and add events to the calendar: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ cal/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

               http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:Ayreton-digest@ yahoogroups. com
              mailto:Ayreton-fullfeature d@yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          Never Miss an Email
        • MacGregorsCairn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007

            Greetings!

            Neko Me and I have discussed this issue. I will be supplying 4 targets and 2 10 by 10 backstop nets and poles for the event as well as assorted line equipment, ropes, caution tape etc. I should have everything you need outside of personal equipment. I will bring it down to the school most likely on Fri night for set-up.

            ~Lochlainn

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2007
              That's Fantastic!

              My participation is hinging on my Gulf Wars - SCA Overload, as I'll be marshalling down there for most of the week as well.  Hopefully I will come back with some good ideas for shoots.  I'd love to discuss any plans with the MIC.  Please contact me Off-List for further discussion.

              Thanks
              --Dougal

              Neko Me and I have discussed this issue. I will be supplying 4 targets and 2 10 by 10 backstop nets and poles for the event as well as assorted line equipment, ropes, caution tape etc. I should have everything you need outside of personal equipment. I will bring it down to the school most likely on Fri night for set-up.

              ~Lochlainn

              I am in a position to assist the Archery MIC, I don't have any of the gear to actually hold a shoot.  ie Targets, Butts, Backstop Nettings, loaner gear.  I've only recently begun marshalling full-time and I'm still building up my resources.

              with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.