[Ayreton]Call for Ayreton cooks - for Carnivale in July

  • Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 2:16 PM
      Please put me down for an Apple Pie. <G>

      Cordially,
      Ann : )

      Lady Ann of Walton Woods

      P.S. Please send a reminder (maybe a list of what all is coming --would be nice to see) shortly before the event....Thank you!

      2a.

      Re: Calling all Baronial Cooks- Feast - Ayreton Carnivale

      Posted by: "suzanearley@..." suzanearley@...   maestraghita

      Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:17 pm (PDT)

      I'm down for one of:

      venison stew

      OR

      cornish pasties (meat pies)

      OR

      fruit pies

      Ghita
      From: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com <Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Ayreton] Digest Number 1641
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 11:11 AM

      Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

      1a.
      Re: Feasting From: MargrettNorwoode
      1b.
      Re: Feasting From: Dayle Harding
      2a.
      Re: Calling all Baronial Cooks- Feast - Ayreton Carnivale From: suzanearley@...

      Messages

      1a.

      Re: Feasting

      Posted by: "MargrettNorwoode" mistressmargrett@...   mistressmargrett@...

      Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:18 pm (PDT)

      It is already on my agenda--never you worry :-) Besides the fact that FoxHunt is always awesome, my friends in Tengusanji are often heavily involved in all Foxvale events

      Margrett

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, Kelli HD <khirya@...> wrote:

      > If a feast experience is what you're looking for, mark your calendar
      > for foxhunt 7 this year in august. It will be a unique look at late
      > japanese cuisine and customs guaranteed to be an experience. :-)

      . .

      1b.

      Re: Feasting

      Posted by: "Dayle Harding" acelinaofderelei@...   acelinaofderelei

      Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:49 pm (PDT)

      I have to agree with Marissa....many times it's not the outdoor cooking that is
      the problem (I've known Twm ap Twm to cook a fabulous feast over an open fire
      much to my awe and amazement), but rather the availability of the site (some
      places don't like that) and/or just what the group/site is able to do.  At
      Border Skirmish, the place is great for a grilling type thing, but not really
      all that great for even an over the open fire type of cooking event, hence the
      potluck.  Vanished Wood had at least two at Lord's Park Pavilion in Elgin where
      it was all done with grills and/or electric roasters.  Other places don't allow
      outside cooks (such as Maidens).  And other places are just too expensive to
      keep open for longer periods of time and smaller groups can't afford it.  So, I
      don't think it's a trend, but more a matter of site and/or group.

      Your mileage may vary,
      Acelina