Ayreton Carnival July 9th

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28, 2011
      Thanks to the hard work of Kara Atladottir, we have found a new site for the Ayreton Carnivale to happen on July 9th.  The theme for this year's Carnivale is "Prep for War", and the activities for the day will include regional practices, authorizations, and hands-on workshops. Basically anything and everything to help prepare someone for camping events and wars. Of course, there are also plans for a most spectacular feast that evening being organized by Kara.

      For those who have not been to this site before, it is absolutely amazing! It is a Boy Scout camp out in Elgin, and I know Rokkehealden recently held a scribal event there. We have plenty of room of workshops and classes, as well as a whole slew of martial activities. We even have the option of camping, if we choose to go this route.

      Now that the day & locations are set, we are looking for volunteers to round out the chief positions. The ones we need immedietly are:
      Marshalls (Armored, Rapier, Archery)
      Troll Coordinator
      Set-Up/Clean-Up Coordinator

      Other positions we are looking to fill at this time include:
      Merchant coordinator
      A&S Activities Coordinator
      Heralds

      If you are interested in filling any of these positions, please email me offlist at verena@.... As I would like to get this into the edition of the Pale (due March 31st), if all interested parties could contact me ASAP I would appreciate it.

      Of course, if anyone else has any additional comments, suggestions, or would like to volunteer, please do not hesitate to contact me

      Thank you
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      Autocrat for Ayreton Carnivale
      Midlands Regional A&S Champion
    • James McAdams
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 28, 2011
        On 3/28/2011 11:36 AM, Verena Entenwirt wrote: For those who have not been to this site before, it is absolutely amazing! It is a Boy Scout camp out in Elgin, and I know Rokkehealden recently held a scribal event there. We have plenty of room of workshops and classes, as well as a whole slew of martial activities. We even have the option of camping, if we choose to go this route.

            For those who were at Inkin in Lincoln II, this is NOT the same site.  It's nearby (same exit if you use the Interstates), but a few miles away.
            And easier to find, in my opinion.

            Xavier

      • Verena Entenwirt
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2011
          Actually, there has been yet another site change, and it is now at Camp Tomo Chi-Chi Knolls

          However, in order to get this information into the Pale for the next issue we need the correct positions ASAP

          Troll Coordinator
          Set-Up/Clean-Up Coordinator

          Other Crew Chief positions still available are:
          Marshalls (Armored, Rapier, Archery)
          Heralds

          -Verena

          www.broomstich.com

        • suzanearley@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2011

            reservations should come to me:

            Susan Earley

            4N400 Church Rd.

            Bensenville, IL 60106

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30, 2011
              On 3/30/2011 2:40 PM, Verena Entenwirt wrote: Actually, there has been yet another site change, and it is now at Camp Tomo Chi-Chi Knolls

                  My apologies for speaking in ignorance, and thereby spreading confusion.

                  Xavier