new regional A&S champion

  • Baroness Baron Ayreton
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2011
      Congratulations to Verena, the new regional A&S champion!
    • D'vorah bint al-Attar
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26, 2011
        On 26 Mar 2011, at 6:28 PM, Baroness Baron Ayreton wrote:

        > Congratulations to Verena, the new regional A&S champion!

        MAZAL TOV to my teacher! (I say this with a terrific amount of pride.)
        D'vorah bint al-Attar
        dvorah@...
        Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
      • Verena Entenwirt
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27, 2011
          Thank You!

          Ayreton had a most amazing showing of both contestants and judges at Regional A&S this weekend. *

          Lady Phillipa Montague (of our northern neighbors of Ravenslake) made a completely working model of her hand-made pavilion. The actual pavilion is quite amazing itself, but I am absolutely enthralled by her working model.

          Lord Ercc of Vanished Woods, once again showed his proficiency in everything he touches, by entering his Elizabethan linen ruff, his hand-made buttons, his slashed leather Elizabethan, and some of his metal-work. Ercc, please correct me if I am wrong, but was this the leather garment completely made out of leather from thrift-stores?

          Baron Henry of Rokkehealden entered both his 16th century “simple beer, and his pear dish. Unfortunately by the time I made it over to his dish to sample it, it was all gone! I did however hear how amazing it tasted.

          Of course, none of this would have been possible without the volunteers and those working behind the scenes. Of the Ayreton folks I saw judging were Master Christian, Mistress Arianna, Baron Henry, Lady Phillipa, and Lord Ercc. There was also Lady Ellinaor who spent her event doing data entry, entering the numerous judges scores.

          We were also well represented at the Regional fighter practice by our Baronial Armored Champion Seamus MacBain and Master Christian (I still have no idea how he fought and judged so many items)

          Overall, Ayreton proved once again what an amazing assortment of artisans we have. The day just re-enforced how absolutely proud I am to be part of such an astounding Barony.

          Lady Verena Entenwirth
          Midlands Regional A&S Champion

          *The following individuals and entries were the ones I was able to recognize on my 3 hours of sleep. I did hear that there might be additional entries from Ayreton, which either came down with another individual or by someone who I have yet to have the pleasure to meet. If you took part in any way with this weekend’s Regional A&S and were not listed above, please let me know.

        • Verena Entenwirt
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 27, 2011
            <snip> What was your winning entry? Were there pictures of that, too? </snip>

            For the pentathlon I had:
            16th Century Italian Milk Bread, from a homemade barm starter
            Medieval European Orange Dyes (anyone who knows me, is not shocked by this one at all)

            Here is a picture of the entries from this weekend. I will however update the above pictorial journals as I brush up my documentation for the Kingdom competition. (towards the end I got a little lax on updating the pictorial journals)

            Though you can only enter the Pentathlon in the region you live, you can still enter individual items in other regions. It would be amazing for additional folks in Ayreton to enter the remaining regional competitions. If I can help or encourage anyone to enter the below listed events, please let me know.
            South Oaken Regional A and S Faire on April 9th in the Barony of the Flame (KY)
            Spring Coronation / Constellation Regional A and S Faire on April 16th in the Barony of Rivenstar (IN)
            Squire's Tourney / Pentamere Regional A and S Faire on May 7th in the Caonton of Ealdnorwuda (MI)

            Of course anyone entering any of the above regionals, who receive a 1st or 2nd place, will then go onto Kingdom at Spring Crown  on May 28th in the Barony of Fenix (KY)

            www.broomstich.com