*Renaissance Dance Practice, Tues Jan 23*

  • Teleri
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2007
      Sorry for getting the notice out so late. Please come and join us for Renaissance Dance Practice. Everyone is welcome to come and learn a variety of styles of dance from many countries and times through the European Renaissance.

      **Location and Schedule**
      Schedule: Tues. Jan. 23rd, 7 to 9 pm

      Location: University of Chicago Campus, Burton-Judson dormitory, 1005 E. 60th Street.
      http://maps.uchicago.edu/south/

      We are in the Lounge, which is on the far side of the building. Go across the 1st courtyard into the second, and diagonally across the second and up the stairs (about where the "L" in "Law" is on the map).
      If you have problems finding or getting in the dorm, call our Student Representative, Caillech (Caitlin) on her cell (510) 520-0969, and she'll help you out.

      *** UNIVERSITY SECURITY POLICIES ****

      Since the current location is a dorm, remember that we need to respect the University policies. So far, we haven't had any trouble working with them. If you would like to come to dance, please do the following:

      ** Send your mundane name to ctulloch AT uchicago DOT edu (Caitlin) to be on the member list.
      ** Bring a picture ID with you.

      Check in with the people at the front desk, and tell them you are with the dance group. We are keeping the list of names for the whole semester, so you can come to any practice. Send us your name even if you just think you might come (you are not obligated to come, but it's FUN!!). One of our student hosts should be at the front desk to direct you to the proper room, or call Caitlin.

      **Other details**
      You do not need to bring a partner to dance...
      Everyone from the Chicago region (and beyond) is invited...
      You may dress in street clothes or in garb...
      Beginners and Experts, as well as anyone in between, are needed and welcomed...

      For questions or last minute updates:
      Teleri (Sharon): 847 - 797 - 5717 (home)
      alta_gioiosa AT yahoo DOT com
      Dunstan (Robert): 773 - 725 - 2798
      darclan28 AT yahoo DOT com

      Yours in Service,