Re: [Ayreton] Wednesday Night Fighter Practice on the NW side of Chicago.

  • Seamus MacBain
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2011
      On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Kith - Willie - Gigs
      <kith3609@...> wrote:

      > Hello All
      > I Was Talking with Her Excellency Nadezda and she pointed out that I forgot to post this to the Ayerton List, so...
      > Just a reminder that there will be Fighter Practice Wednesdays starting 3/16/2011 from 7-10 pm on the North-side of Chicago, about a minute drive from the I90 Expressway Lawrence Ave Exit.
      > The address is:
      > Congregational Church of Jefferson Park
      > 5320 West Giddings
      > Chicago IL 60630
      >
      > http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=5320+West+Giddings+Chicago+IL+60630&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=47.972233,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=5320+W+Giddings+St,+Chicago,+Cook,+Illinois+60630&ll=41.966702,-87.75866&spn=0.022145,0.038581&z=15&iwloc=A
      >
      > We have a basketball court sized area. Enough for some melee drills and practice, rapier and HW individual training.
      > I would recommend dropping off your gear first then go park. We have an arrangement with Hoyne Bank to use their parking lot on Milwaukee Avenue and Giddings. The only restriction is don't park in the Drive thru lanes. Everything else is fair game.
      >
      > Hope to see you all there...
      > Thank You
      >
      > Kith
      > 312-330-5101 Mobile
      >
      > P.S. Ooo Did I Mention that theres a interesting little dive bar Called Fischmans right across the alley? Guinness, Magners, Hacker-Pschor, Smithicks and Blue moon on Tap!
      >
      > Motivation!
      > -K

      Turn out was light tonight but Kith, Dru, Christian, and I all managed
      to brave the cold and get some good fighting time in.
      The site simply was a pleasant surprise - a full basketball court
      which made for some fun 2 on 2 melee practice as well as a series of
      pole arm bouts.
      The site easily has room for 4-6+ fights going at the same time, so
      the only thing we need is more people to come out and swing a stick.

      And as Kith mentioned, the bar is right around the block so we had
      time to complain about the latest set of bruises over a drink.

      --
      Seamus MacBain