No practice today.

  • Susan Mickelson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2011
      The UofC building closes at 2:30 this afternoon because of spring break.

      -susanna the short

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Fern
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2011
        Thanks for the update! You have saved me a trip!

        Fern

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2011
          Dear Aryeton members,

          At the recent Ayreton Curia meeting on March 13, 2011, the Curia members and the other populace members recognized that there was no pressing business for this meeting.

          The March Curia meeting was held because our Ayreton Baronial Charter is specific about having monthly meetings. However, all the attendees agreed that they would be happy to have fewer meetings.

          Considering that the Barony of Ayreton is running smoothly at this time,  and has accomplished the majority of our start-up goals, it was suggested that Curia meetings can be scheduled for a lesser frequency. There is always the option of having additional meetings whenever necessary.

          Therefore, I propose that we make an amendment to the Baronial charter as follows:
          1. The Baronial Curia shall meet at least quarterly.

          The current charter can be found at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/files/Baronial%20Policy/Ayreton%20Charter/

          I have copied the current wording here:

          "A.    Baronial Curia Meetings
          1. The Baronial Curia shall meet at least monthly.
          2. Baronial Curia meetings shall follow an agenda as established by the Baron and Baroness.
          3. The Baron and/or Baroness, or a person designated by them, shall run meetings of the Baronial Curia.
          4. Baronial Curia meetings are open to all."

          In order to change the Charter, the proposed change must be published for comment at least once in the normal communication channels.  The commenting period must be open for at least 30 days, and any changes must be discussed at a Baronial Meeting before being approved by 2/3 majority of the citizens attending the Baronial Meeting at which decisions are made on changes and amendments.  Proxies will not be accepted for charter amendment decisions.

          Following these rules,  I propose that we change the word "monthly" to "quarterly" in the section about Baronial Curia meetings.

          Today's email announcement is one type of publication, and I shall submit this request to the Zephyr for the April publication. This change can be discussed at the April Baronial  meeting and it can be voted on at the June Baronial meeting.

          Feel free to make comments on this proposed change. Please note that I am not suggesting any other changes, just quarterly Curia meetings.

          Any further changes need to be proposed, published, discussed, and voted on separately.

          Thank you for your attention.

          In Service to the Barony,

          Fern