Thank you's to people of Ayreton

  • Jeffnaggie
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2011

      Hi Ayreton,

      I wanted to do a public Thank You and Shout out to the people who donned both garb and bowling shoes last night for the Bowling for Diabetes night at Bowling Green in West Chicago.

      Of the $6500 dollars raised last night, Ayreton populace brought in over $280 of it, more if we count the money spent on purchasing an "arm's length" of 50-50 raffle tickets.  Thanks Xavier for letting me use your arms, it increased by chances by about 10 extra tickets.

      Our very own Excellent Excellency, Nadezda did some amazing bowl and boogie last nigh and  we have pictures to prove it.  Thank you, Your Most Excellent Excellency for bringing a bit of Presence to our gathering.

      From Foxvale: Richard, Berngard, Heather, Rubyn,  Elaine, Xavier, Katarina, Emma, Francesca, Gareth, Hroki, Kara all were present to get their "Bowl" on and help raise money for JDRF.

      Fun was had by all - a ridiculous amount of fun.  Elaine, Francesca, Hroki, Gareth and Rubyn all proved themselves to be Bowlers Most Worthy.  The rest of us were in awe of their skills.  (Personally, I think Elaine was a ringer - throwing pottery must be a lot like throwing a bowling ball)

      We were able to fill 2 lanes with Ayreton folk - so what say you Populace?  4 lanes next year - in garb?  I challange those of you in Elizabethan to come out and show us "earlier period types" how to really bowl in style.

      Thanks to all,

      Hillary
    • Fern
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2014
        Dear Ayreton,

        I'm looking for someone who can give advice to my scientist colleague about becoming a high school science teacher.

        My buddy Jeff was terminated from the same company as me. He now has an opportunity to enter a program that will get him a provisional teaching certificate by September. He has to decide within the next month whether he wants to make the effort.

        Does anyone have some time to talk to him and answer his questions about high school teaching? Basically, he wants to know if there are some jobs available in September, and what teaching is like. He lives in Wilmette, so he's hoping for a job in the north suburbs.

        Jeff has a lot of free time just now, so he can adjust his schedule to suit yours. Phone, skype, or personal meeting would be OK with him.

        Thanks for your help!

        yours,

        Fern
      • Christian Fournier
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 24, 2014
          Hi, Fern—

          Send him my way!  I’m a career-changer who did an accelerated alternative certification, myself, and have been in CPS for 9 years now.

          He can email me at jamey@...

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2014
            Dear Ayreton and anyone else who might be interested.

            My martial arts dojo has the opportunity to offer a one-time session in Taiko drumming at the location in the Chicago Lakeview neighborhood. This class will only occur if enough people are interested, so I'm asking if anyone in the SCA wants to try taiko drums.

            Please contact me if you want further details. Or you may call the Japanese Culture Center directly.

            thanks for your attention!

            yours,

            Fern

            Here is the announcement:

            "We are in communication with Tsukasa Taiko and we are thinking about
            offer an evening class from 5:30ish - 7:30 pm on Tuesdays in June (6/3
            - 6/24).  The details are not set (as you can see) but we are gauging
            interest. They would like a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 11.
            The course fee would be $100.00 for the entire workshop.

            The location would be

            Japanese Culture Center
            1016 W. Belmont Ave
            Chicago IL 60657
            phone: 773-525-3141

            (one block from Red line. street parking with meters)

            Below is the program description.

            Summer Taiko Workshop by Tsukasa Taiko

            One of the leading Japanese drumming ensembles, Tsukasa Taiko
            (www.taikolatecy.com) offers a Summer taiko drumming workshop.
            Learn and perform the most authentic aesthetic form of Japanese taiko drumming.

            The student will have a mini concert with Tsukasa drummers at the end
            of the workshop session."
          • Fern
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2014
              Oops,