From the Marshal for Experimental Weapons

  • Sir Ix
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2011
      From the Marshal for Experimental Weapons
      Please pass the word

      Experimental Weapons Update

      1.       The  fiberglass shafted arrow experiment for the Middle Kingdom has ended.  We will NOT be adopting these for use.

      2.       The 2inch thrusting tip on 9 foot fiberglass spear has ended.  2 inch tips on fiberglass spears will become legal on 1 March 2011 in the Middle Kingdom. The only 2 inch tip authorized for use Society -wide is the Mandrake 2 inch tip, no exceptions.

      New Experiment

      The polypropylene sword experiment begins immediately in the Kingdom. All experimental weapons rules apply.
      This experiment will be run with the assistance of Sir William of Fairhaven.

      The following are additional rules for the experiment:

      -)Contact Sir William (
      sirbill@...) to become a part of the experiment.
          Make sure that "Polypro Testing" is in the subject line

      -) You will be required to report monthly to Sir William.  He will let you know what information he requires.

      -) This experiment will run till the end of June.

      -) If you are not reporting you will be removed from the experiment.

      -) If someone is found to be using a polypropylene sword and they are not part of the experiment they will be warned.  Should this happen a second time they may have there authorization card pulled. The situation will be reviewed by the Deputy Earl Marshal of Experiments and the Kingdom Earl Marshal

      Future Experiments

      At some point in the near future we will be experimenting with home made 2" thrusting tips on 9 foot fiberglass spears.  I am looking for ideas and methods of constructing these tips.  If you have a method please drop me a line so that we can discuss it.

      --

      Sir Ixtilixochitl
      http://aztecknight.livejournal.com

      Bo Ring