First Call for Classes: MKAOD XIV, September 3-4 2011

  • MacGregorsCairn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2011
      Greetings from Marie la Fauconniere, Provost of the Middle Kingdom Academe of Defence XIV, on behalf of Mistress Maggie of Cnoc Cait, Headmistress, and THL Mihri Deniz Yetim, assistant Headmistress:

      First Call for Teachers!

      We invite teachers of all manner of classes, martial or A&S, to join us on September 3-4, 2011 for MKAOD XIV. We have a lovely new site at the McHenry County Fairgrounds in Woodstock, IL, that offers both indoor and outdoor class space, as well as many other amenities:
      ~camping
      ~discreetly wet
      ~above-ground fires permitted
      ~adequate parking
      ~controlled access
      ~existing restrooms (though we'll probably still bring in a couple of porta's) AND we're working on shower arrangements
      ~electrical hookups available at a per-campsite fee
      ~safe locations for archery and thrown weapons ranges
      ~restaurants and shopping conveniently nearby (motels within a reasonable distance).

      In addition, any teacher who sends me their class information by July 1 for a preliminary syllabus and class scheduling will have their name entered in a special prize drawing!

      Please pass the word, mark your calendars, and watch www.ravenslake.org/events.html for more details, and contact me if you have any questions.

      Yours in Service!
      ~Marie

      SCA: THL Marie la Fauconniere, C.D.H., C.W. (macgregorscairn@...)
      Modern:
      Nita L. Lewis (lewisn@...) / 847.452.2032 after 6pm Central
      Shire of Ravenslake, Midlands, Kingdom of the Middle
      "In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is freedom. In water there is bacteria."