A request from the Baron and Baroness

  • BaronessBaron Ayreton
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2011

      Greetings unto the Citizens of Ayreton,

          As winter has forced us all to spend more time inside, we have had our thoughts ease into day dreams.  It is from these musings that we find ourselves asking for your help with the following:

      Creation of a Gift Basket for Coronation.  From the Midrealm Website “HRH are both of 10th Century Norse/Scandinavian personas and prefer natural fibers.      Greens, reds,blues, yellows (Arch likes orange and other bright colors, but not pastels).  HRH Runa and the coming blood heir do not wear/like pink.”

      TRH have also asked if Ayreton would be willing to make them garb for Pennsic opening ceremonies.  Preferably in red and white.

      We have also come up with our a short wish list of items we could use some help with.

      Photos of Ayreton activities/people for Cafe Press calendar (proceeds to go to the Ayreton Angels)

      Tabard/surcoat – specifically for the baron/baroness.  To include the Ayreton Arms.

      Tabards/sucoats – for the archers/fighters/etc.

      If you would like to donate time and/or material for any of the above, or just have a question or suggestion, please contact us off list at ayretonbaronessbaron@...

      Note that the cost of certain materials may be reimbursable, so please do not let that hold you back. Also, some materials may either be on hand already or best bought in bulk, so we’d like to be able to help coordinate where we can.

      In service,

      THL Nadezda ze Zastrizl,  Sgt Henry of Exeter
      Baroness, Baron Ayreton

    • Jill Elaine Hughes
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2011
        What sorts of items are generally desired for the Coronation gift basket?  Or is that open to interpretation on our part?  I may be able to contribute some small largesse favors, in leather or other natural materials.

        Marissa

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2011
          Hello,
          ]
              Yes, it is open to interpetation.  So whatever you would like to donate would be greatly appreciated.

          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          From: jillhughes2@...
          Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:04:23 -0800
          Subject: Re: [Ayreton] A request from the Baron and Baroness

        • kateslists@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 16, 2011

            For all the scribes, the Cleveland Museum of Art is holding an exhibition of illuminated manuscripts through 04/11/11 called "The Glory of the Painted Page."  They have some images up on their website.

            Bojei

          • Kyla
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 16, 2011
              Is this the exhibit you are referring to?

              Tabitha
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 19, 2011

                Yeah - that's a much better link than the I forgot to include.

                Here's another exhibit at the Met in New York:

                http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/khan6/hd_khan6.htm

                Bojei