Re: [Ayreton] Youth RUM help needed-

  • Patty
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2011
      Your welcome.
      The Pushy Purple Petal is back (well sorta).

      aka: Akiko

      On 2/10/11 11:34 AM, Sarafina Sinclair wrote:
      Thank you so much Akiko for your impassioned plea. Of course RUM is near and dear to my heart and I concur that it's important that we get the kids to see why we think the SCA is so fun. I've volunteered to teach a class on understanding the awards system and what the different coronets mean.

      Who's with me?

      ss

      --
      Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL

      On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Patty <pechadwick@...> wrote:

      Hi Ayreton and Friends Near and Far;

      Due to a lot of personal things happening We haven't been very pushy.

      It's come to my attention that RUM will be happening April 2, 2011, In Indiana.

      There is a NEED of Youth Teachers. Right now the total is 0.  :(

      Those of you that know Austin and myself, know this event is near and dear to us.  Youth are an important part of the SCA.  Without them the SCA will not continue to grow. I've heard far too often,  I'm bored there's nothing to do or gee can't they control them.  Both of those statements can be solved a little. ;)
      Teach a class that youth can take with them.  So when they are at the next event...they won't be bored because of a new found skill.

      Youth type people reading this - please chime in.  Let the populace know you would like to have a youth track at RUM.  No not babysitting or keep my kid busy. Honest to goodness fun classes.  Let them know the type of classes that young people in the SCA are interested in.

      Please guys, dust off your lessons or write some new ones and teach a youth class.