Cut & Thrust at the Thieves of Hearts practice this week

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2011
      Since we've been having Cut & Thrust at the first practice of the month, and last week's practice was canceled due to... a little snow...  we are going to have Cut & Thrust practice this week at tomorrow's practice at Glenbrook North High School.

      If you've ever been interested in trying Cut & Thrust steel combat, we will be more than happy to get you started.  Minimum armor requirements are standard SCA rapier with the addition of elbow and knee protection, as well as complete rigid protection of the head.  (Fencing masks can be used with the addition of something covering the back of the head, and even some heavy helms will only need minor modification to make them passable.)  Additional hand/wrist protection is STRONGLY recommended.  We are willing to loan gear, including swords, to those who do not have them.

      As always, there will be standard rapier and rattan fighters at practice, so there will be plenty of fighting for everyone.

      Tedesco da Venezia
      Thieves of Hearts