RE: [Ayreton] FYI for Saturday - Site VERY DRY!! Please read this important message

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 17, 2007
      >I'd expect that the Mall part of the site is dry, being as that's, well, a
      >mall.

      Quite right. We ain't New Orleans (dammit).

      And the hotel is dry insofar as they want you to buy your booze there if
      it's consumed in public. I suppose if you have a fancy type of drink, you
      can ask if you can uncork it, but I rather imagine that the response might
      be different if you asked if you could unbottle-cap that bottle of Ripple
      you just got at the grocery store).

      >I can't remember if they serve beer at that hot-dog stand in-between the
      >mall and the hotel proper.

      Nope. But a coffee shop has moved in for those people who prefer a
      different type of liquid drug!

      Cheers, Folo
    • Drew
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 17, 2007

        > And the hotel is dry insofar as they want you to buy your
        > booze there if it's consumed in public. I suppose if you have
        > a fancy type of drink, you can ask if you can uncork it, but
        > I rather imagine that the response might be different if you
        > asked if you could unbottle-cap that bottle of Ripple you
        > just got at the grocery store).

        Hey! I only buy the finest of Ripple! No screw tops!

        Well, maybe a little. :P
      • Johannes Machiavelli
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 17, 2007
          The original post was from Friday jan 12.  I believe ladyscribe07 - Eleanor was directing toward 12th night in TGS being in a school as well as the event where the containers were found.

          Johannes

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 17, 2007
            Or as a caution to everyone, for every event - know the rules of your site and follow them, take the mundane restrictions and regulations seriously if you want to keep your site.  Was about to follow up with something snide about no-brainers, but must remember to behave like a lady now } ; )

            Moose

            --
            Oh, what a goofy work is man. (The Tick!)

            Bored stiff? Loosen up...

            always stay connected to friends.