Recap: Northside Beginning Armored Combat Instructions Week 1

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2011

      I would like to send out a thank you to everyone who came out to either learn or help with the Tuesday night Northside Beginning Armored Combat Class.

      This first class covered footwork, movement and drills. The 1 hour was perfect for instruction, drill work, and some one-on-one attention. Afterward there was even time for a little sparing for those who were already authorized.

      A thank you to Baron Henry for the instruction, and to Drew for coming over and doing the drills with us, lending additional instruction and suggestions.

      It was awesome for us new students to have some more experienced fighters around doing the drills with us. Twofold, these technique classes are great for fighters of any level to really hone their own basic skills. In general drill-work is an awesome exercises that help with endurance, muscle memory and technique. All fighters of all levels are welcome to join us for the drill-work.

      Next week, we will be reviewing the footwork again, and then moving onto some basic hand positions. People wanting to take part should bring a sword and shield with them to class. If you would like to participate, but do not have a sword and shield please let me know so we can make sure there are loner ones available.  Armor is still not needed.

      If you missed last week’s class, but still would like to participate don’t worry it is not too late to still join us. New comers are welcomed at any time.

      For those who live in the southern regions or in the heart of the city, don’t forget that there is also a beginning armored combat group that practices on Sunday at the Ayreton Fighter Practice at Ida Noyes Hall. There is no begging class this Sunday, however classes will resume on Feb 6th at 2pm.

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      www.broomstich.com