Fw: [thedeed] Open A&S at Gulf Wars

  • David Valenta
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2011
      Forwarded from another list

      Guy Dawkins

      --- On Tue, 1/25/11, Stephanie Stewart <medieval_vogue@...> wrote:

      From: Stephanie Stewart <medieval_vogue@...>
      Subject: [thedeed] Open A&S
      To: thedeed@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 8:59 PM

      Evening all,

      Also running all day Friday is the Open A&S, co-sponsored by Merides and Glenn Abhann. I hope you will all take time to come by and participate or support the artisans who are producing the excellent wares that make our experience with events like the Deed even more marvelous.

      While Seth is fighting with all of you, I'll be running the Open, and I look forward to seeing you all. Please pass this missive on to all in your group or kingdom who might find it useful - I hope to see many, many entries this year.

      The Meridies/Gleann Abhann Open A&S will take place on Friday at Gulf Wars from 8 a.m to 3 p.m. at Bede Hall.

      All artisans of the known world are encouraged and welcome to bring their projects, regardless of their level of expertise, to display. There will be both static and performance categories.

      Documentation may be extensive, or may be a little as a 3x5 card explaining what, when, where and how it was made.

      Performance entries are invite to perform twice in the day for audiences (tentatively 10 and 1).

      Prizes will be awarded based on populace judging (please, everyone attend, observe and vote for your favorite, we'll give you a bead to do it with). Additionally, the Queens of both kingdoms will give personal prizes (usually to novice level entries), the Laurels of both kingdoms will give prizes, and there are always a plethora of personal prizes provided by other Crowns and individuals of high merit and households from Meridies and Gleann Abhann.

      At the end of the day, projects may be picked up between 3:30 and 4 p.m. Prizes will be given out at 3:30 (you need not be present to win).

      Laurels of all kingdoms are invited to come, observe, and vote for their favorite items.

      In recent years, we have averaged more than 50 entries from across at least 10 kingdoms, and those of us working at the event have had the good fortune of seeing many extraordinary works by a large number of artisans.

      Those interested in volunteering to help during the day, wishing to offer a prize in a particular category (e.g best Viking era entry, best armour entry, etc.) may contact me directly via the Gulf Wars website or send a return email.

      Running in parallel with the Open A&S, Clan Darkwood continues to host "A&S in Everday Life." This A&S is focused on all things practical/useful as well as SCA Life entries (those things that aren't necessarily period but are unique to the SCA or help us cover up the obvious real world stuff.) Required documentation is minimal and may be completed at entry. Prizes will be awarded for populace choice and clan choice. A&S in Everday Life will run from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

      Please pass this information on to relevant lists in your kingdom.

      Yours in Service,
      Countess Gwendolen-Isabella Stewart, Meridian Gulf Wars A&S Liaison