Re: [Ayreton] Northside Beginning Armored Combat Instructions

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2011
      Actually a small correction, I will just be the student :-) Baron Henry will be the one teaching the classes.

      I have always wanted to do combat archery, but have been intimidated about getting the board and sword authorizations. After seeing how awesome the Midlands siege crew was last year, I just knew I had to do it. Then when Baraon Henry and Baroness Nadezda anounced their desire to have 40 people fight with Ayreton, I figured this was the right time to do it :-)

      I know there have been a few people wanting to start doing armored combat as well, and asked Baron Henry that sense he has been in gracious enough to teach me,  if we could see if anyone else is interested.

      I however did not know there were that many fighter opportunities in the area. Thank you for posting! It is amazing to see that if someone wanted they could fighter 5 nights per week!  I know personally, once the weather approves, it would be great to try out some of the other local or canton practices.

      Verena

      I would like to offer my personal thanks to the Lady Verena for helping expand the options for beginning fighters in the Ayreton area, and would like to remind even the experienced fighters that reviewing the basics helps move past plateaus in our own training.

      As a reminder for myself and to allow others to call me on it in the coming weeks/months - the single easiest way to get better at SCA heavy fighting - helmet  time.   Get out to a practice and throw on your gear.  Sundays with Grey Gargoyles, Thieves on Tuesdays, Shire of Blackhawk does Thursdays.  For the more adventurous Wednesdays in Madison with Jaravellir (who also do a Sunday as well), Caer Anterth Mawr in Milwaukee has a Monday night practice (with Thursdays returning later this spring I believe).

      Once the weather warms up the local practices should be doubling in options for fighting.

      --
      Seamus MacBain

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth