May Bardic

  • Kyla
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2006

      Hello,

      Dycon and I would like to invite you to our fifth bardic circle; 26 May 2006, the fourth Friday in May, from around 7 to around midnight.

      It will be at our house:

      Kyla Mead & Dycon Gestour

      2412 Dunlay Court

      Waukegan IL 60085

      (847)775-1598

      (Directions below.)

      We prefer a play, pick or pass format.  We are also using the 'wheel of fish'.  (Since it went over fairly well last time.)  We  prefer this to be a bardic open to all types of music.  If you have instrumental music that you want other people to be able to play with you, please bring sheet music to share, preferably with guitar chords noted.  If you have songs that you want people to learn words to, please bring words to share; at least the first time through, it is good to have lyrics in front of you.  I have several instruments available to lend, including a guitar, a harp, a lap dulcimer, recorders, bamboo flutes, penny whistles and a mandola.

      RSVP requested, BYOB.  We will have munchies and some soda, please feel free to bring what you want to eat, and drink.  There are currently no pets in this house.  Smoking is outside only, an ashtray is provided.

      Dycon has put his shield out.

      From the North / South:

      Take 94/41 or 294 to 120/Belvidere

      Take 120 East to past Green Bay

      Keller becomes McAree at Washington

      Continue North to Dunlay

      Dunlay is the first right past Washington.

      (Directly across from the 'El Paraiso' Mexican restaurant.)

      Dunlay is a "circle."

      We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.

      White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

      From the East / West:

      Best options to Washington

      From the West, take Washington East past Green Bay to Keller / McAree

       Or if from the East, take Washington West Past the 7-11 to McAree

      Keller becomes McAree at Washington

      Take McAree North to Dunlay