Middle Kingdom 12th Night (The Musical!) - European Dance

  • young
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2011
      Middle Kingdom 12th Night (The Musical!) - European Dance

      Greetings!

      Thinking about coming to the Middle Kingdom 12th Night in Tree-Girt-Sea (Saturday January 15 in Chicago, IL) but not sure what to do with all that open event time?

      Come dance!

      Renaissance Dance Practice: 1 pm - 4 pm, First Floor

      No Musical is complete without dancing. And we mean LOTS of dancing. So drop into our class and learn the dances that we will do for the evening ball. We will do our best to give people a quick walkthrough or a reminder of the steps before each dance during the ball but we cannot do that for all dances. That means you need to come and learn! The class will not have a set structure and will depend on whichever dances people request to learn.

      Evening Dance List: 8:30 pm - 10 pm, Third Floor

      Set One

      Black Almain (A longways English Inns of Court dance for as many as will.)
      Amoroso (15th century Italian dance, for couples)
      Horses' Bransle (16th century French dance, for couples in a circle, with women in the center, holding both hands with your partner. The first two rounds will be non-partner switching. The rest will include partner switching.)
      Petit Riens (15th century Italian dance, for groups of three people in a line.)

      Set Two

      Maltese Bransle (16th century French dance in a circle.) (Arbeau version, as opposed to the Schiarazula Marizula thing often called the "Turkish" or "Saracen" Bransles. These are SCA inventions. We're attempting to do the historical version.)
      Gracca Amorosa (16th century Italian dance, for couples.)
      Anello (15th century Italian dance, for sets of two couples in a circle.)
      Contrapasso in Due (16th century Italian dance, for couples)
      Official Bransle (16th century French dance, for couples as many couples as will in a circle. The first two rounds will feature a "lift," as opposed to a "toss." There is no "Toss the Wench" in the original version. The "tossing" version will start on the third round.)

      Set Three

      Earl of Essex Measure (A longways 16th century English Inns of Court dance for couples.)
      Belfiore (A 15th century Italian dance, for sets of three people--2 men and 1 woman, or 2 women and 1 man.)
      Bizzaria d'Amore (A 16th century Italian dance for sets of two couples in a diamond.)
      Madame Sosilla's Alman (A longways 16th century English Inns of Court dance, for couples.)
      Rostiboli Gioioso (A 15th century Italian dance, for couples.)

      Contacts:

      For questions about European dance and music or to let me know you are planning to attend please contact: Master Philip White, philipwhite
      {at} hotmail {.} com, 817-313-7575

      And,

      If you know you are coming to Kingdom 12th Night – pre-registration is now open: http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php

      Feast is limited, so, sign up fast!

      See everyone soon!
    • S. Haas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2011
        Greetings kind sir!

        I have been trying to register for 12th night for the past week and am having
        difficulty with the registration site... It is not displaying the Middle
        Kingdom 12th night as one of the options to register for... Is registration
        closed?

        Please do let me know how to proceed. We would very much like to attend and
        also attend the feast if that is still possible.

        Thank You

        Lady Morgause du Foret

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • young
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2011
          Thank you for asking!

          The website had the event removed temporarily. You can log on now and register. Registration will be open until Monday January 10th online.

          Happy you will be coming!
          ~philip