Lunchtime Bardic Cafe at Tree-Girt-Sea 12th Night!!

  • Hilla Hamasdohtor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      Oh yea, oh yea! And stuff!

      Now that I have your attention, Hello! For those of you who do not know me, I am Hilla Hamasdohtor, She-Who-Makes-It-Rain! I am contacting you to let you know about an exciting activity happening at Tree-Girt-Sea's 12th Night in the Barony of Ayreton. (For those of you on the SCA Bards list, this is in Chicago, IL, Midlands, Midrealm.)

      Do you like bardic circles but never get a chance to participate because they're at the end of the day? Do you like to eat and listen to people sing? Do you like to have informal and impromptu chances to join in to the entertainment? Do you have a song, a poem, a story you'd like to perform but haven't found a place to perform it, or maybe want a chance to perform it before whipping it out at feast? Do you want to hang out with people who like bardic arts? Have you always wanted to see what the heck a bardic circle is but just never had a chance to see? Do you want to sit and listen and just absorb the ambiance of bardic performances?

      If any of the above apply to you, I think you'll enjoy what we have in store. Between Noon and 1pm at Tree-Girt-Sea's 12th Night, there will be a Lunchtime Bardic Cafe. You are welcome to purchase lunch on-site or provide your own food. Heck, even if you don't have food, we'd love to have you. The Bardic Cafe will be a time and place set aside for bards and lovers of the Bardic Arts to come together, eat, sing, recite, tell stories, and enjoy other people's performances. This will mostly be an open schedule, but if you would like some time set aside for you for a specific performance, please feel free to contact me, as this can be arranged. Individuals and groups are quite welcome. Veterans of bardic circles and novices to them are welcome.

      If you are intending on attending Tree-Girt-Sea's 12th Night ( TGS 12th Night ), please come and join us for a lunchtime full of bardic fun! (Or mayhem. Or both.)

      For more information, contact me, at hilla@....

      In service to the Dream,

      Lady Hilla Hamasdohtor