Re: [Ayreton] Odd Request- Drachenwalden stuck in Chicago due to weather

  • John Railing
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2010
      Greetings all...

      They have to be stuck at O'Hare. That is the only Chicago airport
      with international connections to Europe. The last two days most
      major European airports have been operating at half to a quarter
      capacity or have been closed. He might be here for a day or two but
      things are opening up around Friday.

      Be well...

      John Malkin aMalkin
      (the airline guy)

      --
      John Railing aka Malkin
      1041 Nerge Rd., Apt. 104 * Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 * 812-320-1447
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 21, 2010
        I'm out in Elgin right now so I can swing by O'Hare pretty easily to pick someone up on my way to fight practice. :)

        Anton

        On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Seamus MacBain <seamus@...> wrote:

        Don't suppose they are stuck and have access to armor?
        It is Tuesday night fight with the Thieves and the airport is just a wee bit south on the highway from the practice site.

        :)

        --
        Seamus

        ---------------------------------------

        On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Verena Entenwirt <verena@...> wrote:

        So, I just got a text message from one of my Ealdemerean friends. It seems we have a Drachenwaldean whose flight has been cancelled or delayed due to the weather. They wanted to know if there were any SCA people in the Ayreton area who would not mind hanging out for a while.

        I am getting more information now as we speak (such as how long they are going to be here, and which airport they are stuck at)

        Feel free to contact me off list at verena@...

        --
        Lady Verena Entenwirth
        www.broomstich.com

      • Verena Entenwirt
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 22, 2010
          Thanks everyone for the offers- They were able to make quite a few connections through a friend of a friend.

          Very impressed with how many people from Ayreton not only responsible but offered up there homes for crash space. As someone who has seen 6 airports, 2 delays, and a 1 cancellation in the last 3 weeks- I know how special this is.

          Thanks everyone. Ayreton Rocks!
          -Verena