Re: [Ayreton] Armored Midlands CO

  • Seamus MacBain
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2010
      Sir Ixtilixochitl,

      Much earlier this year there was a sergeant school held in Fort Wayne
      In, for those interested in helping out with the army but without the
      skill sets/vocab needed to be effective. Is there any plan or
      interest to have something akin to a Midlands version sergeant school
      even if it is just in the form of a meeting at Festival of Maidens (or
      some other area event)?

      Thank you for your time,

      --
      Seamus MacBain

      On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Sir Ix <ix@...> wrote:

      > Unto the nobles of the Midlands come greetings from Sir Ix.
      >
      > At the request of Sir Pellinor, General of the Midrealm Army, I have
      > been asked to once again serve as Armored CO of the Midlands. I have
      > accepted this position and it has been approved by royalty. I have
      > taken this position for what I hope to be the last time. It will have
      > been 18 years since the first time I commanded the Midlands this
      > Pennsic and I would like to think it will be the last.
      >
      > Part of my acceptance of this position was with the idea that I would
      > be focused as much or maybe even more on training the people
      > interested in leadership than I am in leading the troops. I will be
      > taking on multiple XO type positions for the year and then trimming
      > those down for service as XO at Pennsic. The others will serve
      > in ancillary leadership roles and will be exposed to how the the
      > command system of the Midrealm army works.
      >
      > Those interested in these positions should contact me. While there
      > are people that I want to see fill them, initiative is one of the
      > many things I am looking for. I am only looking for people who are
      > 90% sure that they will be going to Pennsic this year. You will also
      > be expected to attend other war events and even lead without me at
      > some of them. Contact me for more details.
      >
      > Please pass this along to any Midlands list that I missed. I am on
      > most of them, but not quite all. If you are a fighter, and are not
      > yet on the Midlands Army list, please join as future announcements
      > will be made through that forum at
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Midlands_army/
      > --
      > Sir Ixtilixochitl
      > http://aztecknight.livejournal.com
      > Middle Kingdom - http://www.midrealm.org
      > Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org
      > House Terrae Finis - http://www.terraefinis.org
      > March of Lochmorrow - http://www.lochmorrow.org
      > KSCA, OP
      >
      > Bo Ring
      > 217-242-8190
    • Seamus MacBain
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2010
        hmmm - odds of Sir IX on the Ayreton list vs. the odds of me
        forgetting to change the To: field in the email.

        Sorry for wasting the bandwidth.

        --
        Seamus

      • Sir Ix