Armored Midlands CO

  • Sir Ix
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2010
      Unto the nobles of the Midlands come greetings from Sir Ix.

      At the request of Sir Pellinor, General of the Midrealm Army, I have
      been asked to once again serve as Armored CO of the Midlands. I have
      accepted this position and it has been approved by royalty. I have
      taken this position for what I hope to be the last time. It will have
      been 18 years since the first time I commanded the Midlands this
      Pennsic and I would like to think it will be the last.

      Part of my acceptance of this position was with the idea that I would
      be focused as much or maybe even more on training the people
      interested in leadership than I am in leading the troops. I will be
      taking on multiple XO type positions for the year and then trimming
      those down for service as XO at Pennsic. The others will serve
      in ancillary leadership roles and will be exposed to how the the
      command system of the Midrealm army works.

      Those interested in these positions should contact me. While there
      are people that I want to see fill them, initiative is one of the
      many things I am looking for. I am only looking for people who are
      90% sure that they will be going to Pennsic this year. You will also
      be expected to attend other war events and even lead without me at
      some of them. Contact me for more details.

      Please pass this along to any Midlands list that I missed. I am on
      most of them, but not quite all. If you are a fighter, and are not
      yet on the Midlands Army list, please join as future announcements
      will be made through that forum at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Midlands_army/
      --
      Sir Ixtilixochitl
      http://aztecknight.livejournal.com

      Bo Ring
      217-242-8190
    • Seamus MacBain
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2010
        Sir Ixtilixochitl,

        Much earlier this year there was a sergeant school held in Fort Wayne
        In, for those interested in helping out with the army but without the
        skill sets/vocab needed to be effective. Is there any plan or
        interest to have something akin to a Midlands version sergeant school
        even if it is just in the form of a meeting at Festival of Maidens (or
        some other area event)?

        Thank you for your time,

        --
        Seamus MacBain

        On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Sir Ix <ix@...> wrote:

        > Unto the nobles of the Midlands come greetings from Sir Ix.
        >
        > At the request of Sir Pellinor, General of the Midrealm Army, I have
        > been asked to once again serve as Armored CO of the Midlands. I have
        > accepted this position and it has been approved by royalty. I have
        > taken this position for what I hope to be the last time. It will have
        > been 18 years since the first time I commanded the Midlands this
        > Pennsic and I would like to think it will be the last.
        >
        > Part of my acceptance of this position was with the idea that I would
        > be focused as much or maybe even more on training the people
        > interested in leadership than I am in leading the troops. I will be
        > taking on multiple XO type positions for the year and then trimming
        > those down for service as XO at Pennsic. The others will serve
        > in ancillary leadership roles and will be exposed to how the the
        > command system of the Midrealm army works.
        >
        > Those interested in these positions should contact me. While there
        > are people that I want to see fill them, initiative is one of the
        > many things I am looking for. I am only looking for people who are
        > 90% sure that they will be going to Pennsic this year. You will also
        > be expected to attend other war events and even lead without me at
        > some of them. Contact me for more details.
        >
        > Please pass this along to any Midlands list that I missed. I am on
        > most of them, but not quite all. If you are a fighter, and are not
        > yet on the Midlands Army list, please join as future announcements
        > will be made through that forum at
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Midlands_army/
        > --
        > Sir Ixtilixochitl
        > http://aztecknight.livejournal.com
        > Middle Kingdom - http://www.midrealm.org
        > Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org
        > House Terrae Finis - http://www.terraefinis.org
        > March of Lochmorrow - http://www.lochmorrow.org
        > KSCA, OP
        >
        > Bo Ring
        > 217-242-8190
      • Seamus MacBain
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2010
          hmmm - odds of Sir IX on the Ayreton list vs. the odds of me
          forgetting to change the To: field in the email.

          Sorry for wasting the bandwidth.

          --
          Seamus

        • Sir Ix