RE: [Ayreton] Looking for metal work help

  • gestion@tds.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
      I have found that a wire wheel helps for the kind of application you describe.
      Buffing wheels are good for polishing if you have already gotten it smooth.
      I am up in Waukegan if you are interested in traveling that far.
      Enjoy,
      Dycon
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
        Do you have a Dremel tool? I do if you don't.

        Jon/Seamus
        I have a tickler (trigger lever) for a Renaissance crossbow that I'm working on. I've gotten the lever pretty close to the shape I want using a bench grinder and a file but now I'd like some help getting out the rest of the grinder marks. The one metal file I have works for some of the surfaces but I still need finer files or some kind of buffing wheel. Is there anyone out there who can lend a hand?

        In service,
        Rhys Cynydd (aka Matt Campbell)

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • kiltie_celt
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
          Jon,

          I've got a Dremel, but I didn't get good results last time I used it for something like this. I wonder if I just didn't have the right bits though. Any suggestions on what types of bits?

          Matt

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, jon@... wrote:

          > Do you have a Dremel tool? I do if you don't.
          >
          > Jon/Seamus

        • jay sabath
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
            Matt,
            Dremel has polishing wheels in the $30 multi bit packs you can get at Home Depot and the like.

            Johannes

            --
            Lord Johannes Machiavelli
            Canton of Rokkehealden