Looking for metal work help

  • kiltie_celt
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
      I have a tickler (trigger lever) for a Renaissance crossbow that I'm working on. I've gotten the lever pretty close to the shape I want using a bench grinder and a file but now I'd like some help getting out the rest of the grinder marks. The one metal file I have works for some of the surfaces but I still need finer files or some kind of buffing wheel. Is there anyone out there who can lend a hand?

      In service,
      Rhys Cynydd (aka Matt Campbell)
    • gestion@tds.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
        I have found that a wire wheel helps for the kind of application you describe.
        Buffing wheels are good for polishing if you have already gotten it smooth.
        I am up in Waukegan if you are interested in traveling that far.
        Enjoy,
        Dycon

      • jon@armlann.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
          Do you have a Dremel tool? I do if you don't.

          Jon/Seamus
          I have a tickler (trigger lever) for a Renaissance crossbow that I'm working on. I've gotten the lever pretty close to the shape I want using a bench grinder and a file but now I'd like some help getting out the rest of the grinder marks. The one metal file I have works for some of the surfaces but I still need finer files or some kind of buffing wheel. Is there anyone out there who can lend a hand?

          In service,
          Rhys Cynydd (aka Matt Campbell)

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • kiltie_celt
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
            Jon,

            I've got a Dremel, but I didn't get good results last time I used it for something like this. I wonder if I just didn't have the right bits though. Any suggestions on what types of bits?

            Matt

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, jon@... wrote:

            > Do you have a Dremel tool? I do if you don't.
            >
            > Jon/Seamus

          • jay sabath
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
              Matt,
              Dremel has polishing wheels in the $30 multi bit packs you can get at Home Depot and the like.

              Johannes

              --
              Lord Johannes Machiavelli
              Canton of Rokkehealden