Ayreton Activities in the New Year!

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2007
      We have Demo help requests!  Please see below.

      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle and other A&S

      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles is back to hosting the Garb Circle. We have lots of indoor space, tables and plug ins.  This is designed to be a place to give you a chance to work on your projects and perhaps even finish them.  This is a laid back approach with others there willing to help up but it isn't designed as a teaching experience.  Last week there were about 6 people working on projects.

      Other Arts and Sciences are MOST welcome to come as well.

      Along those lines calligraphy is being brought as well. This too is laid back and about getting your projects done but with someone there willing to help you learn and improve.

      Hope to see you there!

      Direction at:

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Monday evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination

        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      Please join us January 9th, 23rd and 30th!

      WEDNESDAYS

      Heraldry Night

      Heraldry Nights are now being held on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays.

      We will be holding the heraldry meetings at the home of Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510 Phone #630-482-9503.  Lady Fiona is the new Escutcheon Herald of the Midrealm.  We will be reviewing Middle Kingdom submissions and commenting on other Kingdoms' submissions.
       The next scheduled meetings will be January 10th and 24th, and February 14th and 28th

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).

      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, Jan. 25 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona

      DEMOS

      Greetings all,
      We have been offered a space to do a demonstration at Capricon this year. The demonstration will be on February 10th, 2007.

      Location:
      Sheraton Chicago Northwest
      3400 West Euclid Ave.
      Arlington Heights, IL 60005
      in the Superior Ballroom.

      Please be ready to go at 1pm and we have the space till 5pm. Anyone that can attend, rsvp to me at 630-745-1451 or at kiyokage@...

      I would like to have a head count by January 11th, 2007.

      Thank you in advance,
      Kiyohara
      Demo Coordinator for Vanished Wood

      ANOTHER DEMO

      Greetings,
      This demo will be Friday, February 23 2007 starting at 6 PM.

      River Trails Middle School.

      Location:

      1000 N Wolf Road
      Mt Prospect, IL 60056

      I'm confirming that with my contact now.

      Please rsvp to me at 630-745-1451 or at kiyokage@...  if you can attend.

      Kiyohara
      Demo Coordinatoor, Shire of Vanished Wood