Re: [Ayreton] Re: RUM Retainers

  • Clint Anderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010

      Hi Jane.
      I have one class to teach, but other than that I'd be happy to help.  Please put me down for a shift.

      Anton

      On Nov 17, 2010 10:05 PM, "Jennifer Tyderek" <jane_the_tall@...> wrote:

      Hello Ayreton!

      I am still looking for retainers for RUM this Saturday. Please let me know if you have any time to spare. As I mentioned before, you need not have retained before, I will make sure you know what to do. See below for more information.

      Many thanks,

      Jane

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Tyderek" <jane_the_tall@...> wrote:

      > Greetings Ayreto...

      > Please contact me at jane_the_tall@... if you are willing to volunteer for an hour or two.
      >
      > Many thanks,
      >
      > Jane

    • Fern
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010
        Dear Ayreton,

        Here is an unusual opportunity to see some world-class talents over Thanksgiving weekend. The Chicago Global Rhythms Project is presenting four concerts with a mixture of dance and music, especially percussion! The concert venue is the Harris Theatre in Millenium Park.

        My Aikido group is sponsoring publicity for these concerts, because one of the acts is Japanese Taiko Drummers. If you use the CHRP- AIKIDO promotion code to buy tickets, you can get a 10% discount, and my Aikido group will also receive a donation.

        Here is the list of performing groups. Each concert is a different combination, so choose your date carefully!

        CHRP's performing ensemble, BAM!

        two encore performances by the pulsating Step Afrika!

        ancient rhythms from the astounding French Ensemble Diabolus in Musica

        Tatsu Aoki's fusion Miyumi Project featuring JASC Tsukasa Taiko

        the Emmy Award-winning Jump Rhythm Jazz Project

        the passion of Ensemble Espanol Spanish Dance Theater

        the urban beat of Be the Groove

        the bold fusion of traditional and new from Fulcrum Point New Music Project, and outstanding youth ensembles from around Chicago, including the South Shore Drill Team!

         Tickets are $15 - $55.  For tickets, call 312-334-7777 or purchase online:

        http://tickets.harristheaterchicago.org/tickets/production.aspx?performanceNumber=2820

        Feel free to re-post this message. Robyyan and I will attend the Sunday matinee, to see the Taiko Drummers! Maybe I'll see you there!

        Thank you for your attention,

        Fern
      • Dougal MacAlister
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010
          I'm down with that too

          After my class @ 10,

          THL Dougale MacAlestyr, C.G.C.
          Lt.General - Target Archery, Middle Kingdom
          Ale-Conner of the Ayreton Brewing Guild