RUM Retainers

  • Jennifer Tyderek
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2010
      Greetings Ayreton!

      As you know, this Saturday, November 20, Rokkhealden will be hosting RUM and their Majesties will be in attendance. I am looking for retainers. No experience is necessary, I will give you all of the information you need.

      For those of you who would like to volunteer an hour or two but have full class schedules you'd like to take, perhaps you could retain for one of the classes their Majesties are teaching or signup for retaining during Court.

      His Majesty will be teaching the following:

      11:00 - Norse Personal Kit
      1:00 - Breaking Down a Fight/er 101

      Her Majesty will be teaching the following:

      12:00 - How to be a List Mistress
      3:00 - Intermediate Nalbinding Techniques

      Please contact me at jane_the_tall@... if you are willing to volunteer for an hour or two.

      Many thanks,

      Jane
    • Jennifer Tyderek
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 2010
        Hello Ayreton!

        I am still looking for retainers for RUM this Saturday. Please let me know if you have any time to spare. As I mentioned before, you need not have retained before, I will make sure you know what to do. See below for more information.

        Many thanks,

        Jane

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Tyderek" <jane_the_tall@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Ayreton!
        >
        > As you know, this Saturday, November 20, Rokkhealden will be hosting RUM and their Majesties will be in attendance. I am looking for retainers. No experience is necessary, I will give you all of the information you need.
        >
        > For those of you who would like to volunteer an hour or two but have full class schedules you'd like to take, perhaps you could retain for one of the classes their Majesties are teaching or signup for retaining during Court.
        >
        > His Majesty will be teaching the following:
        >
        > 11:00 - Norse Personal Kit
        > 1:00 - Breaking Down a Fight/er 101
        >
        > Her Majesty will be teaching the following:
        >
        > 12:00 - How to be a List Mistress
        > 3:00 - Intermediate Nalbinding Techniques
        >
        > Please contact me at jane_the_tall@... if you are willing to volunteer for an hour or two.
        >
        > Many thanks,
        >
        > Jane

      • Clint Anderson
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010

          Hi Jane.
          I have one class to teach, but other than that I'd be happy to help.  Please put me down for a shift.

          Anton

          On Nov 17, 2010 10:05 PM, "Jennifer Tyderek" <jane_the_tall@...> wrote:

          Hello Ayreton!

          I am still looking for retainers for RUM this Saturday. Please let me know if you have any time to spare. As I mentioned before, you need not have retained before, I will make sure you know what to do. See below for more information.

          Many thanks,

          Jane

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Tyderek" <jane_the_tall@...> wrote:

          > Greetings Ayreto...

          > Please contact me at jane_the_tall@... if you are willing to volunteer for an hour or two.
          >
          > Many thanks,
          >
          > Jane

        • Fern
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010
            Dear Ayreton,

            Here is an unusual opportunity to see some world-class talents over Thanksgiving weekend. The Chicago Global Rhythms Project is presenting four concerts with a mixture of dance and music, especially percussion! The concert venue is the Harris Theatre in Millenium Park.

            My Aikido group is sponsoring publicity for these concerts, because one of the acts is Japanese Taiko Drummers. If you use the CHRP- AIKIDO promotion code to buy tickets, you can get a 10% discount, and my Aikido group will also receive a donation.

            Here is the list of performing groups. Each concert is a different combination, so choose your date carefully!

            CHRP's performing ensemble, BAM!

            two encore performances by the pulsating Step Afrika!

            ancient rhythms from the astounding French Ensemble Diabolus in Musica

            Tatsu Aoki's fusion Miyumi Project featuring JASC Tsukasa Taiko

            the Emmy Award-winning Jump Rhythm Jazz Project

            the passion of Ensemble Espanol Spanish Dance Theater

            the urban beat of Be the Groove

            the bold fusion of traditional and new from Fulcrum Point New Music Project, and outstanding youth ensembles from around Chicago, including the South Shore Drill Team!

             Tickets are $15 - $55.  For tickets, call 312-334-7777 or purchase online:

            http://tickets.harristheaterchicago.org/tickets/production.aspx?performanceNumber=2820

            Feel free to re-post this message. Robyyan and I will attend the Sunday matinee, to see the Taiko Drummers! Maybe I'll see you there!

            Thank you for your attention,

            Fern
          • Dougal MacAlister
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010
              I'm down with that too

              After my class @ 10,

              THL Dougale MacAlestyr, C.G.C.
              Lt.General - Target Archery, Middle Kingdom
              Ale-Conner of the Ayreton Brewing Guild