A Faire Challenge

  • Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2010
      A Challenge:
      Greetings One and All. Many years ago, in the days of Fairest Tangwystl, a most graceful Patroness, we were often called on to offer commentary on the works of artisans and scientists of the realm. And in those same days, we would wonder in amazement at the skills of the dozens of artisans who would put forth their works. In each work, there was inspiration and passion. There was sweet endeavor. There was joy in the arts. There was learning and sharing. And, it was good.

      Recently, at Red Dragon, I heard the words of a goodly knight, one known for issuing challenges to his fellows. And he challenged that barony to participate in their regional A&S faire come the spring time. He challenged a single barony to participate in greater numbers than we have seen in the entire Midlands each of these last five years.

      So, this I say unto each of you. Create and Participate. Midlands, I would call upon you. Join me in creating and documenting your work. Participate in the Regional A&S Faire, and should you place highly enough, take your works to the Kingdom Faire. It would be a great and beauteous thing to see 100 entries at the Midlands Regional Faire. I pledge no less than five entries by my hand into the Faire in Spring 2011. Join me. Beautify the kingdom. Learn in your endeavor.

      I invite each shire, canton and barony to tell us of their artisans. Each of you who endeavor to enter your work into the Faire is welcome to discuss your projects, successes and frustrations in the Midlands, Midrealm ** facebook group or in a group that works for you. Let me know if you'd like to participate. Seneschals and Nobility, challenge your groups. Let's join together and create a glorious body of works. 100 entries. This is my challenge to you.

      In Your Service,

      Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
      CDH, CE, CW, APF
      Midlands Regional Seneschal

      **If you cannot find the Midlands, Midrealm group on Facebook, please let me know privately.  I will get you added to the group.  For an unknown reason, it seems to be a bit challenging...