Mensa programs

  • Margrett Norwoode
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2010

      And I forgot to thank someone else--mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!!!

      Teleri was truly awesome in helping me with books for the display, lending me a 16th century garment for the display, and assisting me with the music research, music selection and music performance for the early music program. I could not have done this without her either.

      Margrett

      4.

      Thank you for helping with the Mensa programs

      Posted by: "lady_mairead" lady_mairead@...   lady_mairead

      Wed Nov 3, 2010 9:02 pm (PDT)

      I want to thank and publicly acknowledge several Ravenslake folks who were of great help to me recently at the Chicago Mensa Halloweem convention. When we cancelled the Ayreton demo at the Mensa event, I still needed to fill the timeslot we promised to them for the event.

      So I offered them a display and open house for Friday afternoon focusing on period cooking, calligraphy/ illumination and costuming, with an Elizabethan focus. These are some of my biggest passions and my preferred time period, and I knew that I could have plenty of information and examples to show on them. But I was going to have to do it all by myself.

      Ann of Walton Woods and Tabitha Pennywarden came to my rescue, and showed up to assist me. Tabitha brought displays on armor and needlework & lucet and discussed them with folks. Ann did needlework while there and discussed that. And I discussed everything else LOL.

      It would have just been me and a smaller display without them, and it would been a poorer program. Thank you to both of them, and to Lyriel who was also going to assist but could not due to medical issues.

      And thank you to Tabitha doubly, who also assisted me with my early music program on Saturday as a member of Court & Country.

      Margrett
    • Thorfinn Frisken
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2010
        Greetings!

        I wanted to send word that we will be holding another regional fighter practice in the Shire of Blackhawk (rockford, IL) on December 2nd. All are invited.  We have room for heavies, lights, fiber arts... you name it!

        Our last one was a huge success.  Single combat, 2 on 2's, ..even 5 on 5's.  Great time to work on new weapon styles or to fight new and different people.

        I have created a facebook event for this also:

        Invite all you think who would enjoy!
        You can contact me with any information needed.

        YIS,
        Thorfinn Frisken
        Haus Brandenburg
        Squired to Baron Sir Gunther von Brandenburg
        Member of the Midlands Army

      • AlexdeSet@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2010
          Greetings!
               The practice is for Thursday (evening, I presume)? What time, place, directions?
          Respectfully,
          Alexander

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2010
            Greetings!

            The practice goes from 6:15 to 9 at:
            Northwest Community Center - Corbett Building (back building)
            1327 North Johnston Ave.
            Rockford, IL

            More information on our location can be found at:  http://www.shireofblackhawk.org/va2/site.asp