Romance Novel Set in SCA

  • Jill Elaine Hughes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
      Some of you may know that in my mundane life, I'm a novelist. I write under a pen name, "Jamaica Layne." I wanted to alert everyone that today, my novel TENDER IS THE KNIGHT, which is a contemporary romance novel set in the Society for Creative Anachronism, releases from Decadent Publishing.  www.decadentpublishing.com.  It's a fictional story with fictional characters, but it depicts the SCA accurately and positively.  Hope you'll check it out, and also spread the word!  The novel is currently out in ebook format and will be out in trade paperback in a few months.

      Best,
      Marissa de Courette

      Healthcare Writer, University of Phoenix Knowledge Network

      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

      www.jillelainehughes.com

      www.jamaicalayne.com

    • D'vorah bint al-Attar
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
        On 29 Oct 2010, at 9:26 AM, Jill Elaine Hughes wrote:

        > Some of you may know that in my mundane life, I'm a novelist. I write under a pen name, "Jamaica Layne." I wanted to alert everyone that today, my novel TENDER IS THE KNIGHT, which is a contemporary romance novel set in the Society for Creative Anachronism, releases from Decadent Publishing. www.decadentpublishing.com. It's a fictional story with fictional characters, but it depicts the SCA accurately and positively. Hope you'll check it out, and also spread the word! The novel is currently out in ebook format and will be out in trade paperback in a few months.
        >
        > Best,
        > Marissa de Courette

        This sounds like a fun read, and it'll be good to see the SCA depicted as a society of those who admire courtesy, honor, and education, instead of just a pack of costumed weirdos, like we usually get painted. Let us know again when the book comes out in paperback, will you? It seems a nice thing to sit back and read on a lazy Saturday afternoon, and I'd like to support one of our own.

        Also, I hope I have your permission to forward this to other email lists, such as other kingdoms and the Newcomers list, and so on.
        D'vorah bint al-Attar
        Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
        dvorah@...
        Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
      • Jill Elaine Hughes
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
          Yes, D'Vorah, please feel free to circulate the info widely.  Thank you.

          Best,Marissa