Fwd: [Mid-MOF] Fw: [sternfeld] Crown Tourney Guards & Retainers NEEDED

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2010

      From: macgillavrey <macgillavrey@...>
      To: Mkmof@Yahoogroups. Com <mkmof@yahoogroups.com>; mk-pelican <mk-pelican@...>
      Sent: Tue, Oct 26, 2010 9:28 pm
      Subject: [Mid-MOF] Fw: [sternfeld] Crown Tourney Guards & Retainers NEEDED

      Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 02:20:55 +0000 (UTC)

      Good gentles, Crown Tournament still REALLY needs volunteers to act as personal retainers and guards .  For those not familiar with the roles, retainers 'shadow' His/Her Majesties individually, hold things for them, run errands or messages, fetch people if requested, etc -- basically, act as personal assistant for your shift.  Guards stand outside the Royalty Room and announce those who wish to visit the King or Queen, plus keep unknown persons out if all the royal party is away (i.e., protect their stuff).  I am told these are GREAT royals for you to try such duties (i.e., reasonable, NICE!).  Ideally, we need two people for each shift, for each duty.  I'll settle for one person for every shift.  The current schedule is shown below, showing shifts available (caveat: a couple pendings are still up in the ai r on exact times).  Contact me by email if you can (please!) assist---or phone, if you prefer: 317-439-5194.

      Please share this request with other Sternfelders not on this list, plus cross-post to other SCA lists.  Thanks!  --liesl

      GUARD shifts open:
      9 am - Noon*
      12-2 pm
      2-4 pm*
      4-6 pm

      KING'S RETAINERS shifts open:
      9am - Noon
      12-3 pm*

      QUEENS' RETAINERS shifts open:
      9am - Noon*
      12-2 pm
      2-4 pm

      * Not even one person confirmed as of this email.