Making Effective Award Recommendations

  • Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2010
      Salutations to the Mighty Midlands from Caitriona Mac Dhonnachaidh,

      Good Gentles,
      I have spoken briefly to People Who Know (tm) about what Their Royal Majesties like to see in an Award Recommendation.

      1.  ANYONE can write a recommendation for ANY award!  Even if you don't have an AOA, if you think someone is worthy, don't hesitate to let the Crown know!  As much as TRM would like to meet and know everyone, it is not feasible.  That's why we, the populace, need to make recommendations.
      2.  Details are helpful!  Telling the Crown when and what a person did is better than saying they helped at events.  It doesn't have to be specific dates, but if the thing that happened is specific to an event, adding that detail brings life to the recommendation.  And, say you're recommending someone for teaching, tell when and what they taught.
      3.  Beyond, that, just recommend early and often!  Court lists are given to the Signet about a month in advance, so getting a recommendation in six weeks before an event is very helpful!
      4.  Go back in to the award recommendation and make updates to outstanding recs.  Add new information and add new events to each recommendation as it becomes available.
      5.  It is all our responsibility to show our appreciation for the work each of us do.  Share the love!

      Have a great weekend.  I hope to see lots of people at the Middle Kingdom Cook's Collegium this weekend and Crown next weekend.  Enjoy!

      In Your Service,
      Caitriona