[Ayreton]RAPIER fighters - movie to see

  • Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2010
      Greetings!

      I went to a CHICAGO INTERNATIONAL FILM FEST movie on Sunday night. Saw "Princess of Montpensier". It was a costume drama -- took place in 16th Century France...LUSH scenery, FAB costumes and there was a sword fight in the 1st five minutes of the film – then another sword fight (rapier?) about 20 minutes in – then another sword fight toward the end of the film.  Man!  I’m thinking: ALL RAPIER FIGHTERS in the SCA might want to check out this film for both fighting technique and costumes!

      I think it’s playing ONE MORE TIME at the CIFF this Tuesday night, Oct. 12th at the AMC theater in Illinois Street in Chicago.

      Oh, the film is in French with English subtitles, but who cares!  The action and romance and drama were all there – even w/o the dialogue.