Re Ayreton Event

  • marie_la_f
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2006
      Greetings,

      Time is getting short and we need to know who is going to handle what
      areas of the Ayreton event in March. Don't forget, this is an
      Ayreton-wide event and EVERY group should participate! We have people
      for the following positions:

      Archery MIC
      Feast
      Lunch
      Rapier MIC (tentative)
      Class Coordinator
      and of course Faire.

      We NEED:

      MIC
      Troll
      Heavy MIC/marshals
      Thrown Weapons MIC
      Dance Coordinator (after feast)
      Waterbearers
      Chirurgeon
      Heralds
      Royalty Wrangler
      Longshoremen (setup and takedown crew, some on Friday evening)
      Youth Activities
      Boffer

      We will also need help such as additional marshals, feast servers,
      help with Faire, etc.--not just the department heads. Everyone is
      welcome to pitch in.

      Please respond to Tedesco and me (at tedesco@... and
      macgregorscairn@...) as soon as you can so we can plan what
      activities and personnel will be available. I will post this to the
      Ayreton list as well, please pass it along to anyone I've missed.

      Thanks,
      ~Lochlainn MacGregor
      Co-Steward
    • Patricia E. Chadwick
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2006

        Greetings,

        Could you please list who has volunteered ?

        We have people
        for the following positions:

        Archery MIC
        Feast
        Lunch
        Rapier MIC (tentative)
        Class Coordinator
        and of course Faire.

        Thank you.

        Akiko

      • Michael Tyderek
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 26, 2006
          If I'm not totally shot / SCA overload when I come back from Gulf Wars, I'd be more than happy to assist on the archery range.

          Please respond to Tedesco and me (at tedesco@ayreton. org and
          macgregorscairn@ aol.com) as soon as you can so we can plan what
          activities and personnel will be available. I will post this to the
          Ayreton list as well, please pass it along to anyone I've missed.

          Thanks,
          ~Lochlainn MacGregor
          Co-Steward

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Wendy Pastrick
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 27, 2006
            Apologies to all that Kilian and I will not be
            volunteering for anything as our Due Date is March
            20th.

            In service,

            Jale

            --- marie_la_f <lewisn@...> wrote:

            Don't forget,
            > this is an
            > Ayreton-wide event and EVERY group should
            > participate!

            Lady Jale bint Amar
            Chatelaine, Tree-Girt-Sea
            Blue Lotus Tribe
            www.bluelotustribe.org
            mka Wendy Pastrick
          • Sir Ix
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 27, 2006
              >Apologies to all that Kilian and I will not be
              >volunteering for anything as our Due Date is March
              >20th.
              >
              >In service,
              >
              >Jale

              What kind of excuse is that? :)

              I hope that all is going well and normal for you.

              --
              Sir Ixtilixochitl
              Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org

              (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
            • Tedesco da Venezia
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006

                As mentioned, we are looking for volunteers for the Ayreton Carnivale on March 24th.  We would like to find people from all over the area to work in all of the departments to make this the best (and smoothest running) event we can put on.  We will be figuring out who will be the "department heads" at 12th Night, so none of these positions have been officially filled yet.  Anyone who volunteers, please state if you are interested in heading up an activity or just working it.  You do not have to be at 12th Night to volunteer for the head positions-- we'll be glad to bring you up, nominate you, talk about you behind your back, etc without you being there.

                Here is a list of as many of the departments as we can come up with-- it is not important that we fill every position, as I'm sure the autocrats will be taking some of these duties, and we can always double-up if someone is ambitious:

                Troll (Running the table, site tokens, maps, flyers, etc)
                A&S Fair (Headed by Lochlainn MacGregor)
                Feast (Coordinator, head-chef, sous-chefs, dishwashers, etc)
                Feast Service (Head server, servers, entertainment, etc)
                Evening Events (Dance Master, Bardic, Dessert, etc)
                Merchants (Registering before hand, and getting them all to their tables)

                Combat:
                Heavy (MIC, and field marshals)
                Rapier (MIC, and field marshals)
                Archery (MIC, and field marshals)
                Thrown Weapons (MIC, and field marshals)
                Youth Combat (MIC, and field marshals)
                Chirurgoens, waterbearers, hospitality table..  We would also like to find someone to be the Martial Activities Coordinator.  This would specifically not be one of the above Marshals-In-Charge, and ideally this person would not be participating in any of the martial activities.  That way, this person could be a "go-to-guy" (or gal) if any problem arise without having to pull someone out of combat or find the autocrats.

                Youth Activities not involving combat.  This is NOT babysitting.  We've discussed requiring anyone "dropping off" kids also volunteer for at least an hour of duty.  But we will need a few permanent people, and someone to coordinate it.

                Royalty-- although we can't assume They're coming, chances are good since it is a regional A&S event in the region that Their Majesties are from.  We will need handlers, heralds, door guards, hospitality, etc.

                Set up and clean up crews-- as per a promise I made to the man responsible for getting us the site, I will be heading up set up and clean up.  I sure could use some help though...  Friday night will be nothing more than moving tables, hanging banners and signs, and clearing the rooms of anything that the high school students/staff have left behind.  Saturday night is a different story-- I will not leave until everything is back in its place, and the site is cleaner than we found it.  The tables need to be returned, floors cleaned (especially in the fighter area and the feast hall), trash emptied, and washrooms clean (especially if we open up the locker rooms).

                Publications and Decorations-- the facility is typical ugly high school architecture.  Although we can not hope to cover every square inch of modernism, we can at least spruce it up a bit.  Boar's Head is a good example of how just a few banners and medieval-y stuff can turn a modern facility into a pleasant site for an event.  We'd like someone to get as many banners from the local groups and households as possible, as well as any other coverings for stuff we don't want to see.

                ~Tedesco da Venezia~
              • Meurig ap Cynfarch
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
                  I guess I could help out with youth activities - bring a few medieval
                  boards games and perhaps organise a game of stoolball, rounders, or bocce.

                  Who knows, perhaps my wife will volunteer too...(poke, poke)

                  Meurig ap Cynfarch