Ayreton Activities

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2006
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle and other A&S

      Due to the Winter Break for University of Chicago Campus there will be a Hiatus for the A&S and garb circle.  We will begin again on January 7, 2007.

      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles is back to hosting the Garb Circle. We have lots of indoor space, tables and plug ins.  This is designed to be a place to give you a chance to work on your projects and perhaps even finish them.  This is a laid back approach with others there willing to help up but it isn't designed as a teaching experience.  Last week there were about 6 people working on projects.

      Other Arts and Sciences are MOST welcome to come as well.

      Along those lines calligraphy is being brought as well. This too is laid back and about getting your projects done but with someone there willing to help you learn and improve.

      Hope to see you there!

      Direction at:

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Consort music will be on hiatus Dec. 25.  January 1, 2007 is still in question.  Call before dropping in!  After that, back to normal schedule.

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Monday evenings.

      THE AYRETON TOWN CRYER IS ASSUMING THAT THIS IS CANCELLED FOR DECEMBER 25TH, THOUGH NO INFORMATION ALONG THOSE LINES HAS BEEN GIVEN TO HIM.  PLEASE CALL FIRST!

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination

        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      Calligraphy and Illumination practice is finished for the year of 2006.  Please joins us again in January when we will be happy to see you on the 9th, 23rd and 30th!

      WEDNESDAYS

      Heraldry Night

      Heraldry Nights are now being held on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays.

      We will be holding the heraldry meetings at the home of Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510 Phone #630-482-9503.  Lady Fiona is the new Escutcheon Herald of the Midrealm.  We will be reviewing Middle Kingdom submissions and commenting on other Kingdoms' submissions.
       The next scheduled meetings will be December 27th, January 10th and 24th, and February 14th and 28th

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).

      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thusday, Dec. 28 (moot, unless held at the Christmas party as is usually the case)
      Thursday, Jan. 4
      Thursday, Jan. 25 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona

      LET THEM EAT CAKE!
      What:  Marie la Fauconniere's birthday party
      By request of the birthday woman, there will be no singing of any birthday songs!
      When:  Saturday, 23 December 2006, 6:30 PM
      Where: Dycon & Kyla's house, directions below
         2412 Dunlay Court    Waukegan IL 60085
         (847)775-1598
      Who:  Anyone who likes Marie
      Why:  To have fun, of course!
      How: Shmoozing with friends, eating cake.  Bardic friendly, there are also places for VCR/DVD and gaming.

      RSVP requested.
      BYOB, food is potluck - please bring something you would like to share.
      Please let us know what you are bringing, so people don't duplicate efforts.

      There are currently no pets in this house.
      We have hardwood floors and concrete, please feel free to keep your shoes on.
      Smoking is outside only, an ashtray is provided.
      We do have a fireplace, and there will likely be a fire.

      DIRECTIONS:
      Dycon has put his shield on the house.

      From the North / South:
      Take 94/41 or 294 to 120/Belvidere
      Take 120 East to past Green Bay
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington
      Continue North to Dunlay
      Dunlay is the first right past Washington.
      (Directly across from the 'El Paraiso' Mexican restaurant.)
      Dunlay is a "circle."
      We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
      White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

      From the East / West:
      Best options to Washington
      From the West, take Washington East past Green Bay to Keller / McAree
      Or if from the East, take Washington West Past the 7-11 to McAree
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington
      Take McAree North to Dunlay
      Dunlay is the first right past Washington.
      (Directly across from the 'El Paraiso' Mexican restaurant.)
      Dunlay is a "circle."
      We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
      White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.
    • Ayreton Chronicler
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21 7:33 AM

        Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton and surrounding areas, from the Ayreton Chronicler!

        MONDAY ACTIVITIES

        AYRETON LEATHERWORK NIGHT

        Leatherwork night is available to anyone in the Ayreton area interested in working on leather projects like shoes, belts, pouches, repairs (armour too) and anything else you might bring along.

        Who:  Seamus (Jon Murphy)

        When:  Mondays (Excluding the next three Mondays)

        Time:  6-9 pm

        Where:  920 N 3RD Ave , Maywood , IL 60153

        More info:  jon@..., 708 344 8320

        BARONS NOYSE

        Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

        Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

        Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave. , Chicago , IL 60645

        SILVER THIMBLE GUILD FOR CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION

        Join the Guild on Monday nights for sewing and garb research.  The Silver Thimble Guild meets on Monday nights at Mistress Juliana's house, just Northwest of downtown--call before coming- 773-750-2180.

        TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

        WEEKLY PROJECT NIGHT

        Everyone is welcome to bring current sewing projects or just an idea with them on Tuesday nights at Sarafina’s place in Des Plaines . Project night will be from 7:30pm - 10:00 pm every Tuesday night.

        Address: 1496 E. Algonquin Rd in Des Plaines . The apartment is on the NW corner of Algonquin and Cora. Phone number is 312-493-2255. Call if you have any questions.

        Sewers of all abilities encouraged to attend.

        GREY GARGOYLES DANCE PRACTICE

        There is a dance practice every Tuesday at Ida Noyes. People who are interested can the student rep, alexcarter@...

        --------------------------

        WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

        TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

        Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
        illumination.

        Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)
        When: M
        eetings held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month at 7:30.
        Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm
        More info: 847-824-3814

        THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

        ROKKHEALDEN SCRIPTORIUM

        The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint.  You don't have to draw.  You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do what you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.  From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.  About the only request (per se) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

        We are confirmed for the following dates at the Oak Brook Library:

        Thur. July 23 (moot)

        NOTE: no meeting at the beginning of Aug. due to Pennsic
        Thur. Aug. 27 (moot)
        Thur. Sept. 3
        Thur. Sept 24 (moot)
        Thur. Oct 1
        Thur. Oct 22 (moot)

        For more information, go to: http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/

        THE PIPPINS

        The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago ( Andersonville ) every Thursday, from 7:30 – 9:30 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

        VANISHED WOOD SEWING GUILD

        We tend to meet twice a month, and the location rotates between various members’ houses.  Please direct any questions to Acelina, the seneschal of VW, at <djc137@...>  The meetings start around 6:30 p.m., and a dish to pass is encouraged as we tend to eat as well as sew.  All interested people are welcome.

        FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

        NEEDLEWORK/FIBER ARTS NIGHT

        Every third Friday of the month, 6 pm - 10 pm
        Bring a project to work on or the willingness to learn something new.
        For more information, email: gschneid@....

        PERIOD COOKS NIGHT

        We're having Period Cooks Night on the 1st Friday of the month in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago.  There's a different theme each month. Some meetings we plan to invite a Guest Chef to come and demonstrate/show us how a certain item is cooked and learn from that experienced person.

        Upcoming themes:

        Aug: TBD

        Sept:  Aztec

        Oct: TBD

        Nov. Celtic

        Dec: TBD

        Normally, each person attending brings a period recipe (from the theme we've chosen for that month) and the ingredients to cook the dish, but we all get together and cook it together and then we sample all the dishes that night together!  We comment on them, take notes, and make suggestions on how to improve them.

        For more info please contact PeriodCooksNight@...

        SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

        HERALDS AT HOME

        Phebe and Kevin will be hosting heraldry at their home on the last Sunday of each month:

        3935 N. Kostner Chi, IL 60641.

        Phone 773-286-5952.

        All area heralds, and any clients who wish to attend are welcome. Heraldic services for name and device researches will be available at this "one stop". Exact time in each afternoon to follow soon.

        SUNDAY DANCE PRACTICE AT TREE GIRT SEA

        Every 3rd Sunday of the Month

        Congregational Church of Jefferson Park,
        5320 West Giddings, 60630.

        Tree Girt Sea business meeting follows immediately after.

        Details and last minute changes can be found at our meetup group calendar

        GREY GARGOYLES/AYRETON A&S AFTERNOONS

        For the past several months, we've had a growing number of people showing up at Ayreton combined fighter practice on Sundays at Ida Noyes to do casual A&S, gab, et cetera. We hope to begin introducing some beginners tutorials in various arts
        and sciences during these meets soon, and I think many of these will be
        of great interest to the Ayreton populace as a whole.   Timing coincides with the Ayreton fighter practices.

        ______

        This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

        The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...