Ayreton Announcements are Changing!

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9 9:25 AM
      Greetings!

      I will be posting to the groups mailing lists for only 1 more week.  Then I will switch over to a once a month reminder posting.

      1 - I will only make full announcements to the Ayreton Discussion Group.  Its web address is:

      2- I have stopped making full announcements to the shires and the Province of Tree Girt Sea.  I have also stopped making announcements to Village Green and Frasers Oak.

      Exception - Fighting announcements will still go to Fighting in the Neighborhood.  After all that is exactly what that list was created for!

      3 - e-mails to you personal e-mail account are NOT affected by this.  If you would like to receive e-mails in your personal e-mail account simply e-mail me at this address and I will add you.  I have had several requests already.

      What is the Ayreton Yahoo! group?

      The Ayreton Yahoo! group was the brain child of Lord Todesco.  He created it so that anyone could make announcements from any of the 6 Ayreton SCA groups.  And ANYONE can make announcements there not just the Ayreton Towne Cryer.

      Okay so what ISN'T the Ayreton Yahoo! group?

      Well it isn't designed to be a discussion group.  While discussion is discourage it is NOT forbidden.  After all this is about us playing together better right?

      What if I don't have a Yahoo! e-mail account?  Can I still get on the list?

      Absolutely!  Simply subscribe by sending a message to
      ayreton-subscribe@yahoogroups.com  The list is open to everyone without any need for moderator approval.  The owners of the list do reserve the right to change that should there ever be some kind of abuse... yeah... we can't imagine what but okay.

      Also if you do choose to post an announcement to the list that is great!  In order to stop the list from being Spammed to heck and back your first AND ONLY YOUR FIRST post must be approved.  After that you will never have to have a post approved.  Again we're doing this to cut down on SPAMBOT invasion.

      So if I can get the announcements in my e-mail box are there any advantages to actually joining the list?

      Yes.  Besides being able to make announcements yourself about activities that are of interest to you there are other advantages as well.

      The Calendar.

      Lord Todesco has done a FANTASTIC job of keeping the calendar up to date with just about every activity happening in Ayreton.  Not only does the calendar give the times and days of the activities but it includes addresses and often directions or links to directions for each activity as well!  This could easily be your one stop shop for activities in the Ayreton area!  You can find the calendar by logging into the Yahoo! group or by clicking on the link below.
      Lord Todesco also went out of his way to build a links area that includes many midlands SCA groups not just Ayreton Groups.  This also includes the discussion groups for a variety of midlands groups including Ayreton Groups.

      Photos

      People are already populating the photo gallery!  Add your photos of activities as well.  Pictures of arts martial are great but so are A&S projects done or in the process!

      The Ayreton Map.

      Lord Todesco took time to create a very cool looking map of the Ayreton area.  You'll see it every time you visit the Yahoo! group!

      I have enjoyed being the Ayreton Towne Cryer very much.  I am very greatful for the support and thanks that I have received.  I look forward to making the announcement process simpler and easier to access for everyone while eliminating excessive inbox e-mail on account of those announcements.

      Lord Ian the Green
      Ayreton Towne Cryer

    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2006
        Greetings!

        This is your once a month reminder!!!  If you have been wondering why you aren't seeing the announcements for the Ayreton Area... here is why.

        1 - I will only make full announcements to the Ayreton Discussion Group.  Its web address is:

        2- I have stopped making full announcements to the shires and the Province of Tree Girt Sea.  I have also stopped making announcements to Village Green and Frasers Oak.

        Exception - Fighting announcements will still go to Fighting in the Neighborhood.  After all that is exactly what that list was created for!

        3 - e-mails to you personal e-mail account are NOT affected by this.  If you would like to receive e-mails in your personal e-mail account simply e-mail me at this address and I will add you.  I have had several requests already.

        What is the Ayreton Yahoo! group?

        The Ayreton Yahoo! group was the brain child of Lord Tedesco.  He created it so that anyone could make announcements from any of the 6 Ayreton SCA groups.  And ANYONE can make announcements there not just the Ayreton Towne Cryer.

        ayreton-subscribe@yahoogroups.com  The list is open to everyone without any need for moderator approval.  The owners of the list do reserve the right to change that should there ever be some kind of abuse, (read SPAM.)

        Also if you do choose to post an announcement to the list that is great!  In order to stop the list from being Spammed to heck and back your first AND ONLY YOUR FIRST post must be approved.  After that you will never have to have a post approved.  Again we're doing this to cut down on SPAMBOT invasion.

        So if I can get the announcements in my e-mail box are there any advantages to actually joining the list?

        Yes.  Besides being able to make announcements yourself about activities that are of interest to you there are other advantages as well.

        The Calendar.

        Lord Tedesco has done a FANTASTIC job of keeping the calendar up to date with just about every activity happening in Ayreton.  Not only does the calendar give the times and days of the activities but it includes addresses and often directions or links to directions for each activity as well!  This could easily be your one stop shop for activities in the Ayreton area!  You can find the calendar by logging into the Yahoo! group or by clicking on the link below.

        Lord Tedesco also went out of his way to build a links area that includes many midlands SCA groups not just Ayreton Groups.  This also includes the discussion groups for a variety of midlands groups including Ayreton Groups.

        http://mail.yahoo.com