[Ayreton]16th C. France / film-soon to be released

  • Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2010
      Hello!
      I found this information (please see below) on the Chicago Int'l Film Fest website.
      'Thought some of you might be interested . . .
      Ann : )

      THE PRINCESS OF MONTPENSIER
      France | Director: Bertrand Tavernier
      Chicago favorite Bertrand Tavernier (Round Midnight) directs this lush, unsentimental take on the historical romance.

      A young, beautiful noblewoman in 16th-century France inspires passion, violence, and power struggles among the men around her as civil war tears the country apart. French with subtitles.

      In adapting Madame de la Fayette's 17th century novel, Tavernier and fellow writers Jean Cosmos and Francois-Olivier Rousseau may have intended something more traditional. You sense they are invested in their heroine's foolish love for a dashing though unspeakably ambitious ruffian just as they admire her very modern desire to read and write and control her own destiny.

      This film will be screened at the Chicago International Film Festival this Fall! (one night/not yet announced between Oct. 7th to Oct. 21st, 2010).