Fwd: [Mid] Pennsics date changes for 2013

  • Jeffnaggie
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14 5:30 PM
      FYI from Middlebridge

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Phil Reed <preed@...>
      To: sca-middle <sca-middle@...>
      Sent: Tue, Sep 14, 2010 7:25 pm
      Subject: [Mid] Pennsics date changes for 2013

      http://www.scatoday.net/node/16955

      Pennsic bumped forward in 2013 by National Fireworks Convention

      Cooper's Lake Campground will play host to the National Fireworks
      Convention in August 2013, bringing $4.5 Million to Butler County, PA
      and bumping the Pennsic War forward to July.

      [...]

      The Pennsic War in 2013 will take place July 19 - August 4.

      --
                                       ...phillip

      GnuPG Public Key: http://www.moyen.org/pubkey.html
      GnuPG Key ID: 0x45ee5d85
      Fingerprint: BC40 B55C 8792 FF7F 2969 32D7 D6B5 7ACD 45EE 5D85

      From:  Phil Reed <preed@...>

    • vrayhill
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 15 8:33 AM
        > Cooper's Lake Campground will play host to the National Fireworks
        > onvention in August 2013, bringing $4.5 Million to Butler County, PA

        I wonder if anyone has ever heard an how much business income the SCA brings into the area during Pennsic? We sure do make alot of grocery, gas, hardware store, and restaurant trips.

        Just curious,
        Jocelyn
      • Wolfram von Waldersbach
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15 8:39 AM
          I don't think it's an either/or issue for the folks in Butler County. Maybe more of an issue of $4.5 million plus what the SCA brings in.

          Not to mention they'll probably also get some cool firework displays too...

          In Service,

          "Voca me cum benedictis"
          Archery Marshal of the Barony of Ayreton & of the Canton of the Grey Gargoyles
          Group Knight's Marshal of the Canton of the Grey Gargoyles
          Bursar - Royal University of the Midrealm
          2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion

          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          From: vrayhill@...
          Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:33:13 +0000
          Subject: [Ayreton] Re: Fwd: [Mid] Pennsics date changes for 2013

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 15 10:59 AM
            Oops, I didnt mean to imply the Coopers or the county were favoring the Fireworks group over us...I think that would be cool to see (if only I had 3 weeks vacation, sigh). And a July Pennsic is an interesting concept...maybe the weather is more cooperative...?

            But what I was just curious if there was ever a number thrown out there on how much total local revenue was brought in by SCAdians over our two weeks.

            Jocelyn

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Wolfram von Waldersbach <Wolfram_von_Waldersbach@...> wrote:

            > I don't think it's an either/or issue for the folks in Butler County. Maybe more of an issue of $4.5 million plus what the SCA brings in.
            >
            > Not to mention they'll probably also get some cool firework displays too...
            >

            > In Service,
            >

            > -Förster Wolfram von Waldersbach, C.G.C.
            > "Voca me cum benedictis"
            > Archery Marshal of the Barony of Ayreton & of the Canton of the Grey Gargoyles
            > Group Knight's Marshal of the Canton of the Grey Gargoyles
            > Bursar - Royal University of the Midrealm
            > 2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion
            >
            > "Es gibt zwei Sachen das sollte man besser nicht wissen wie es gemacht wird- Wurst und Politik"- Otto von Bismarck
            >

            > To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
            > From: vrayhill@...
            > Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:33:13 +0000
            > Subject: [Ayreton] Re: Fwd: [Mid] Pennsics date changes for 2013
            >

            > > Cooper's Lake Campground will play host to the National Fireworks
            > > onvention in August 2013, bringing $4.5 Million to Butler County, PA
            >
            > I wonder if anyone has ever heard an how much business income the SCA brings into the area during Pennsic? We sure do make alot of grocery, gas, hardware store, and restaurant trips.
            >
            > Just curious,
            > Jocelyn

          • Jill Elaine Hughes
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 15 11:06 AM
              Sounds like a question to ask the BoD.

              Marissa

            • suzanearley@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 15 11:09 AM

                The Board would have no idea. Better to ask the local chamber of commerce in that area.

                Ghita