Ayreton Fighter Practices over the Holidays.

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2006
      Due to the holidays, the Ayreton Town Cryer STRONGLY recommends that you contact the Marshal in charge of the practice a FEW DAYS BEFORE the practice for confirmation.

      SUNDAY

      ** GREY GARGOYLES -

           AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE AND GARB CIRCLE

        The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

      Due to the University of Chicago taking their winter break the Ayreton Fighter practice is on hiatus until January 7, 2007.  Have a joyful holiday season.

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

          Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) Is Subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

      59th Street and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago IL 60637.

      - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in
      South Chicago. Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at
      Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

      - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
      59th St.)

      - Go to Woodlawn Ave, turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of
        Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        LINK

      http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

        If you choose to take an alternate route that includes the
      Lake Shore Drive please be aware that vehicles with Class B plates are not allowed on the Lake Shore Drive.

      This is not the only practice on Sunday in Ayreton.

      ** RAVENSLAKE -

      Ravenslake's fighter practice site has changed due to the winter weather.  It is unknown to the Ayreton Towne Cryer at this time when this practice will start up again.

      The fighter practice location has also changed it will be at the site the Thieves of Hearts use for their practice.

       Directions to the Ravenslake Practice!!

        http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer and turn Right.

        Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the
         tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

      MONDAY PRACTICE

      YOUTH BOFFER

      To All Youth Fighters and their parents:

      We have a new site for boffer fighting practice.  We will have practice now twice a month, on the first and third Mondays of the month from 6:30-8:30 p.m.  We now have 12-16 fighters coming to practice on a regular basis, with at least 2 fighters in each division regularly showing up.

      Location:

      Hope Presbyterian Church
      1771 S. Wiesbrook Road
      Wheaton, IL 60187

      Directions:  Coming from Butterfield Rd....The church is 2 blocks north of Butterfield Rd on the right. Wheaton-Warrenville South High School is on the west side of the road and the church is up on a hill across from the very back of the high school campus-this is the corner of Durfee and Wiesbrook.  On the corner of Wiesbrook and Butterfield is a little blue sign that says Hope Presbyterian Church.  Wiesbrook, which has a traffic light,  is West of Danada Square and east of the Blackwell Forest Preserve.

      Marshal in charge:  Acelina of Derelei  phone 630-378-5413.  email djc137@...

      We sincerely want to Thank Fox Vale for giving us our starting location.  We simply grew too big for that site.  But without them, this wouldn't have happened.

      TUESDAY PRACTICES

      **  Thieves of Heart

      This is no longer only a Rapier practice heavy fighters have now been taking advantage of this wonderful site as well!   If you are a heavy fighter interested in this practice please contact Gintaras at gintarasthetaura@...

      Rapier - The winter season has set its hands upon us and the din of war is fading.  Now is the time for those warriors still with us to turn our eyes, our arms and our minds to training and sharpening our skills.  And so the Thieves of Heart have started again classes for novice and advanced fencers.  Classes and games designed to be helpful in tournament matches as well as helping to bring out Melee ability as well.  Please come join us and add your knowledge to ours.

      Everyone is welcome to attend!

        Directions to the Thieves of Heart Practice!!

        http://thieves.ayreton.org/

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

      - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the
        school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the
         tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door,

      **  FOXVALE

      Foxvale has its practice site back.

      Foxvale will not be having its practice on December 26, 2006 nor on January 2, 2007.

      Please contact the heavy marshal for directions and times.

      Erick Maxskelly

      **  TREE GIRT SEA -

      The meeting site is: United Church Of Christ, 5320 West Giddings, Chicago, IL, 60630 (one block south & west of Milwaukee/Lawrence, near the blue line & Jefferson Park Station).  Note, the church is continuing their pantry charity, so any canned goods or other non-perishable items will be accepted as donations.

      Questions can be Directed to the Tree Girt Sea Marshal of Fence Kevin Ambrozjewski.  His e-mail is kevinp9523@...