Foxhunt Thanks

  • ostwestly@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2010
      Thank You from the bottom of my heart to all who helped out on the Fox Hunt / Investiture / Rose Tourney.

      A special thank you to the following people:

      Master Sean for filling in at the drop of the hat when I lost my marshal for Rose Tourney, because he had the bad form to become our Barron.

      Mistress Gwenavar for steping in as head server and all of the people who worked with her as servers and water barriers.

      Lord Xavier for being the archery Marshal and putting up and taking down the archery range.  Also for casting all of the event tokens.

      Lady Brighitta for being the merchant Liason.  Please send a thank you from me to all of the merchants that were there.

      Lady Kara for being the head cook for a great feast.

      The Ayreton Angels for being there for the fighters again.

      Mistress Sarafina for working on the Rose Tourney, Rose Tea, and Roality wrangling.

      Lady Verrena for the Fox Inn and all of her crew.

      The Theives of Hearts and their ship for adding to the festivities.  (Sorry Richard)

      Lady Kathy for heading up and runnig the Childrens Activities and her staff.

      Master Christian for being the Fencing Marshal for Rose Tourney.

      All of Foxvale for all of the help in planing the event.

      THL Kuji for rounding up the entertainment for feast.

      Master Alexander for being the Feast Harold, and for the use of your Protege' Caly.

      THL Phebe for being the List Mistress

      Lady Yamamura for helping at the list table.

      Lady Berngard called Moose for running Troll and all of her worker trolls.

      Sir Fern for being a link to the Roses.

      To Lord Richad who with out all the work that he did, the event would not of happened.

      A very very big thank you to my wife THL Hillary for being the class cordinator, feast helper, and the very big pain in the butt every time that I needed a good swift kick in it.:-P  I love ya.

      And to all of the people that I may have forgotten, as I am really bad with remembering names, THANK YOU for being you and for helping in all the ways that you did.

      Lord Gareth Ostwestly
    • Dolores Becker
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2010
        Thank you, O Fearless Autocrat (and Richard, too) for bringing it all together and keeping it going.  Don't thank me until you've reconciled the cashbox with the paper trail...

        Gotta look up what's Mongolian for 'lady' - that just feels weird...

        Big Troll hugs to my intrepid volunteers: Yamamura Kitsune, Ann of Walton Woods, Brigitte Fitzgibbon, Philip White & Adam, Josephine & Griffin Daltrey, Conner McGreggior, and Correy McDermott.  Also to Elaine Ladd and Alexandra of Foxvale for unscheduled, on-call and improvised assistance, to Gearalt O'Tuathail for Breakfast!and other assorted errands, and anybody else who ran a a message or otherwise provided assistance.  If I looked surprised at that Purple Fret (and I was), it was partly because I was being singled out for things that really ran on the efforts of so many other people besides myself.

        Living the Code, Serving the Dream

        Berngard Solgai, called Moose

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2010
          Ummm, Moose - You've been a Lady for quite some time now.  That came with the AOA.  Now you've just shown us that you can work even harder....hmmmm, good to know for future reference.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 16, 2010
            Yeah, I know.  It still feels weird.  I was a wench for a lot longer... (as it was explained to me, when I was but a wee small Mongol - a lady carries a knife, a wench knows how to use it)

            Rats!  Only my Swordbrothers are supposed to know how hard I can work!  What was I thinking?

            } ; )

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 24, 2010
              Dear All,

              Since I didn't go to Coronation this weekend, I will have time for fighting practice on Sunday.

              Who wants to meet me at Ida Noyes at 2 pm this Sunday? I'll bring the teaching swords for beginners, too!

              See you then!

              Fern
            • Wolfram von Waldersbach
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 24, 2010
                I know Susan and I will be there. I will also be going through the loaner closet, going through the armored combat grea and getting things ready for the new year.

                In Service,

                "Voca me cum benedictis"
                Archery Marshal of the Barony of Ayreton & of the Canton of the Grey Gargoyles
                Group Knight's Marshal of the Canton of the Grey Gargoyles
                Bursar - Royal University of the Midrealm
                2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion

                To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 26, 2010
                  Great! See you soon!