Ayreton Area Avtivities over the Holidays!

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2006
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle and other A&S

      Due to the Winter Break for University of Chicago Campus there will be a Hiatus for the A&S and garb circle.  We will begin again on January 7, 2007.

      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles is back to hosting the Garb Circle. We have lots of indoor space, tables and plug ins.  This is designed to be a place to give you a chance to work on your projects and perhaps even finish them.  This is a laid back approach with others there willing to help up but it isn't designed as a teaching experience.

      Other Arts and Sciences are MOST welcome to come as well.  Along those lines calligraphy is being brought as well. This too is laid back and about getting your projects done but with someone there willing to help you learn and improve.

      Hope to see you there!

      Direction at:

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Consort music will be on hiatus December 25.  January 1, 2007 is still in question.  Call before dropping in!  After that, back to normal schedule.

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Monday evenings.

      THE AYRETON TOWN CRYER IS ASSUMING THAT THIS IS CANCELLED FOR DECEMBER 25TH, THOUGH NO INFORMATION ALONG THOSE LINES HAS BEEN GIVEN TO HIM.  PLEASE CALL FIRST!

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination

        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      Calligraphy and Illumination practice is finished for the year of 2006.  Please joins us again in January when we will be happy to see you on the 9th, 23rd and 30th!

      WEDNESDAYS

      Heraldry Night

      Heraldry Nights are now being held on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays.

      We will be holding the heraldry meetings at the home of Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510 Phone #630-482-9503.  Lady Fiona is the new Escutcheon Herald of the Midrealm.  We will be reviewing Middle Kingdom submissions and commenting on other Kingdoms' submissions.
       The next scheduled meetings will be December 27th, January 10th and 24th, and February 14th and 28th

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).

      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thusday, Dec. 28 (moot, unless held at the Christmas party as is usually the case)
      Thursday, Jan. 4
      Thursday, Jan. 25 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona

      LET THEM EAT CAKE!
      What:  Marie la Fauconniere's birthday party
      By request of the birthday woman, there will be no singing of any birthday songs!
      When:  Saturday, 23 December 2006, 6:30 PM
      Where: Dycon & Kyla's house, directions below
         2412 Dunlay Court    Waukegan IL 60085
         (847)775-1598
      Who:  Anyone who likes Marie
      Why:  To have fun, of course!
      How: Shmoozing with friends, eating cake.  Bardic friendly, there are also places for VCR/DVD and gaming.

      RSVP requested.
      BYOB, food is potluck - please bring something you would like to share.
      Please let us know what you are bringing, so people don't duplicate efforts.

      There are currently no pets in this house.
      We have hardwood floors and concrete, please feel free to keep your shoes on.
      Smoking is outside only, an ashtray is provided.
      We do have a fireplace, and there will likely be a fire.

      DIRECTIONS:
      Dycon has put his shield on the house.

      From the North / South:
      Take 94/41 or 294 to 120/Belvidere
      Take 120 East to past Green Bay
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington
      Continue North to Dunlay
      Dunlay is the first right past Washington.
      (Directly across from the 'El Paraiso' Mexican restaurant.)
      Dunlay is a "circle."
      We are on the island, on the far side, in the middle.
      White brick house with blue drapes on the right hand side windows.

      From the East / West:
      Best options to Washington
      From the West, take Washington East past Green Bay to Keller / McAree
      Or if from the East, take Washington West Past the 7-11 to McAree
      Keller becomes McAree at Washington
      Take McAree North to Dunlay